I can't get my new hard drive to format!! #@$

Closed
Milehighjoe Posts 1 Registration date Friday October 3, 2008 Status Member Last seen October 3, 2008 - Oct 3, 2008 at 09:05 PM
analogic Posts 8 Registration date Tuesday August 19, 2008 Status Member Last seen March 26, 2009 - Oct 4, 2008 at 05:32 AM
Hello,
i recently got a new drive (Hitachi 160 gig 5400RPM) form my powerbook G4 cos the old one is dead,
i opened the powerbook and fixed the new one, when i power on A grey screen appears and flashing in the middle of the screen is a folder, then the MAC face, and then a question mark.
i tried pressing alt key and it show a a big lock and a place to put in a password, am confussed,
i tried entering all the passwords i've used on the mac before but nothing............

I'm using a panther intall disk, and a Software install and restore dvd sent to me by apple! I've also tried every magical macintosh key sequence i could find that would apply at startup....I'm at a loss can anyone help me Please!!

Thanks Milehighjoe
Related:

1 response

analogic Posts 8 Registration date Tuesday August 19, 2008 Status Member Last seen March 26, 2009
Oct 4, 2008 at 05:32 AM
hey there,

have you checked in the manual or something like that if there isnt any lock from the factory settings?