How 2 get back my Windows Vista Home Premium

Solved/Closed
dick - Mar 7, 2010 at 04:13 PM
 dell - Nov 22, 2010 at 11:06 AM
Hello,
i was using Windows Vista home Premium OEMact on HP, but i installed another operating system over the old one(not a clean copy, Windows 7) because i thought i could rollback if necessary.
however, the new Windows 7 doesn't have a product key and i have a couple of days to activate it or else it stops working.
i want to know if i can get the original vista home premium that came with my hp pavillion dv9500 laptop, or am i done with my laptop?

please, please, please help
Related:

3 responses

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Mar 7, 2010 at 04:35 PM
You can get a computer repair shop to use their OEM copy of Vista to reinstall Vista with your COA key found on the bottom of the laptop.

Good Luck
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,170
Mar 7, 2010 at 04:38 PM
Hello Dick,

With all due respect, you committed a no no for you did have the key to Win7.

I have looked around and I never heard of someone who wanted to downgrade from Win 7 to Vista. Mind you there are tons who wish to downgrade, with reason, from Vista to XP.

Here is a link for downgrading which may inspire you.

https://ccm.net/faq/2370-downgrade-from-windows-vista-to-xp-hdd-s-ata-not-recognized

Who knows, after your trial period is over, you may get the opportunity to delete everything if not activated?
Here is a link for downgrading which may inspire you.