Ask a question Report

AcerPower SP - Bad Power Button? How To Test?

scottdev 2Posts Wednesday March 10, 2010Registration date March 11, 2010 Last seen - Latest answer on Sep 3, 2010 02:05PM
Hope someone can make sense of this...
When I push in the power button, the power light goes on for 2 seconds or so. cpu fan spins, then everything dies - no boot-up, screen display - zip. I can keep pushing the power button, and the same thing happens over and over.
Switched out the power supply, cleaned motherboard and all connections, switched memory in bays (memory new - about 4 month old). Battery good.
The reason I was thinking that the problem was the power switch is because I know it was acting buggy for awhile - sometimes you had to press it two or three times to get the computer to come on.
Whats the easiest way to test the switch (today) without ordering a new one? Can I bypass switch somehow and have computer on all the time? Any other troubleshooting suggestions?
Read more 
Answer
+6
moins plus
good day...
hi..i have a acer extensa 4220 laptop, i bought this one last year but now i had a problem in my laptop..when i press my laptop power button not switching on...i have to press 5-6 times for switch on...some times i have a different problem that is when i switch on the main power in that time it will booting automatically...then i tried to shutdown the system, it's turned off ..then again i tried from power button from laptop for switching on it's never on.. i don't what is the problem happend in my laptop..some time if i removed my laptop battery then i tried for switch on it will switching on automatically...please send me a solution this problem....thank you for your kind consideration..
Add comment
This document entitled « AcerPower SP - Bad Power Button? How To Test? » from CCM (ccm.net) is made available under the Creative Commons license. You can copy, modify copies of this page, under the conditions stipulated by the license, as this note appears clearly.

Not a member yet?

sign-up, it takes less than a minute and it's free!

Members get more answers than anonymous users.

Being a member gives you detailed monitoring of your requests.

Being a member gives you additional options.