Broken pin in audio jack [Solved/Closed]

Ask a question bless - Last answered on May 5, 2017 at 08:36 AM by 1234
Hello,

I have got an HP laptop. My headphone pin got stuck in the jack and its brocken inside. How can I remove it by myself.
Helpful
+31
plus moins
Here's what I did in a similar situation (speaker jack broke off inside). If you can't get it out with tweezers, heat up a thin nail with a lighter for about 30 sec. Use pliers to push it inside the stuck jack (inside should be plastic, so it melts and goes in). Then wait for a minute. It will cool and harden and you can pull out he pin and the broken jack with it.
Was this answer helpful?  
IE>suraj4eva- Jan 27, 2016 at 02:34 AM
I would kiss you and have your children. There is genius in your DNA. Thanks Babe.
Hr- Apr 13, 2016 at 04:55 PM
Really man it works thanx bro...
guest- May 23, 2016 at 01:38 PM
If you have a tiny screwdriver (like for eyeglasses) you can pry it down in there and pull it up. Mine broke into pieces but a scooping motion pulled them all out.
RickyD38 1Posts Sunday June 12, 2016Registration date June 12, 2016 Last seen - Jun 12, 2016 at 02:43 PM
I tried the glue and the pin, but it didn't work. Found this tool from Kickstarter ..the gripstick ..worked for me after a couple attempts..had to tap it in a little.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ii5OKvtNxe4
Helpful
+3
plus moins

Member requests are more likely to be responded to.

Members can monitor the statuses of their requests from their account pages.

A CCM membership gives you access to additional options.

Not a member yet?