Presario 2500

Closed
bambam - Mar 15, 2010 at 10:22 AM
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 - Mar 15, 2010 at 11:44 PM
Hello,
I need to restore my presario 2500 to factory settings from the boot menu. How can I do this?

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Mar 15, 2010 at 11:44 PM
The HP Recovery Manager, installed on your PC, allows you to recover the original operating system, or create a set of recovery discs from the special recovery partition on the hard drive.

You do not need to purchase a replacement recovery disc to return your computer to proper operating condition unless the drive is corrupted.
To determine if the HP Recovery Manager is operational, press the power switch to turn on the computer, and then repeatedly press f11 during the startup. The computer will display a prompt to either recover the operating system or create a set of recovery discs if the Recovery Manager is operational which does not require the purchase of a replacement recovery disc.

For detailed instruction on creating your own recovery discs, see Using HP Backup and Recovery Manager (in Vista) or Using the PC Recovery Solution (in XP) , or Using HP Recovery Manager in Windows 7 .