Help my computer won't load some pages

Solved/Closed
seryne - Oct 7, 2008 at 11:03 PM
 dundundun - Nov 19, 2009 at 12:49 AM
Hello,
My computer won't load some of the pages for example in myspace in myspace when I click the button to change my mood it won't send to that page. Also on the library page when I try to go to the account log-in page it will just send but never loads the screen stays white. this is a new problem I don't know if something got changed on my system or what. Please help. I have the old windows 98 version on my computer

4 responses

I have not bean able to log into my hotmail e-mail or facebook.
if you cant log in you probably have cookies disabled. it happened to me once. I cant remember exactyl how I changed it but im pretty sure its something to do with the security level you have your internet set on, which you can change in internet options up the top right of your browser
Did you load security software that stops "pop-up" windows? You can start Internet Explorer without add-ons

To identify if an incompatible browser add-on or extension is at the root of your troubles, we recommend taking advantage of Internet Explorer's (No Add-ons) mode. The following are steps to do this:

Click Start -> All Programs -> Accessories -> System Tools, and then click Internet Explorer (No Add-ons).
If your browser appears to be working properly in Internet Explorer (No Add-ons) mode, continue with the following steps to help identify which add-on may be causing the problems.

To isolate the specific browser add-on that is contributing to the issue, you can use IE's Manage Add-ons feature to pick specific add-ons to disable:
Click Tools -> Internet Options.
Click the Programs tab, then Manage add-ons (see figure below):
Note: The Manage Add-ons option under Tools is disabled in No Add-ons mode so you must go to Internet Options, Programs, Manage add-ons to manually enable/disable add-ons.

Select an add-on in the Name list, and then click Disable (see figures below):

Click OK, OK again, OK again and then close IE.

Restart IE normally and see if your problem is resolved.
If it is, you should uninstall the specific add-on via Control Panel's Add/Remove Programs or the applications own uninstaller.
If the problem persists, you will need to repeat steps 1-3 until you have identified the specific add-on causing the problem.
Tip: Disable several add-on's at once to speed up your process of elimination.
welll what if my browser doesn't appear to be working properly in Internet Explorer (No Add-ons) mode?
finally made it : go to network and internet - network and sharing center --choose your network and click view status --properties - networking - and if you have both internet protocal version 6 and persion 4 cheched (i did) uncheck the version 6 one , connect again and there you go . Hope it works !! Almost gave me a headache .
Hi, I'm experiencing the same issue that the original poster had (can't access to email accounts and many other secured websites, such as online banking on my pc). I used your suggestions but it doesn't work, unfortunately. :( Do you know of any other possibilities? Many thanks.
Just to add a tidbit to the mix. I had this same issue and looked at my language encoding and it was blank. IE, Chrome, or Firefox would not load certain web pages. After going in and adding the language pack for MS all is well. Also had to reinstall Java for the pages to load.
http://blogs.chron.com/helpline/archives/2006/06/internet_apos_s.html