Personal security removal from the internet

Closed
mary - Mar 16, 2010 at 04:48 PM
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 - Mar 17, 2010 at 04:29 AM
Hello,
Does someone know how to remove Personal Security but only from the Internet pages .I menage to remove it from the computer but when i browse the internet pages it still appears and it takes over the pages and i can't remove it , i have to close the internet .
Any idea? Just how to deal with the Internet Personal Security?
Many thanks
Mary
Related:

2 responses

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,169
Mar 16, 2010 at 05:10 PM
Hello Mary,

How do you know it Personal Security? To my knowledge, nobody has reported the hyjacking of Web pages after removing Personal Security. I suggest to you that you system is infected with another Trojan Horse of the Virtumonde alias Vundo type.

To eradicate this Trojan, please download and install Spybot Search and Destroy which is now very well equipped to remove such Trojan.

When installing it, you will have some options. I recommend that you uncheck the Tea Timer component as it has a real time scan engine which may interfere with your present antivirus application.

You may download it from here:

https://ccm.net/downloads/security-and-maintenance/4561-spybot-search-destroy/

Once your computer is clean and working normally just to be on the safe side
•Turn off system restore and wait 30 seconds,
•Turn it back on and create a new restore point.

This way it gets rid of anything bad that might have gotten saved in a restore point and you have a clean restore point to use in the near future if needed.
Do not turn it off until your computer is clean and working normally because you might need to use it if something goes wrong during the clean-up process.
It is better to go back to an infected restore point if something goes wrong then to not be able to undo changes that were damaging.

This may be your second infection, I am interested to know what is the antivirus application you are using. How knows I may be able to point you to a more efficient one.

Please let us know how you did, we do appreciate feedback for our time.

Best regards
Hi
I'm using AVG anti virus and everytime on i go on internet like on yahoo a red page it's coming and says this webside it's unsafe please install Personal Security now or something like that , this happens with most af the webpages which i'm tryig to visit but i cannot close it or get rid of this red page which keeps popping .So i finally had to close internet .
Many thanks
mary
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,169
Mar 17, 2010 at 04:29 AM
Hello Mary,

Sorry to say but you are correct the Beast has returned or was probably hiding, perhaps in system volume information.

It is a self protective virus and if not completely remove will sort of regenerate itself:

Please follow the instruction hereunder:

We must try to outwit the beast while terminating the processes generated by the trojan to better eliminate it

Please follow the instructions hereunder:

Download Process Explorer and save it in C:\ folder.
Download link: http://live.sysinternals.com/procexp.exe

2. Rename procexp.exe to explorer.exe and double-click to run it.

3. Select Security Tool process from the list. Should be 4946550101.exe or similar and press "Delete" button to end the process.

4. Close Process Explorer.
download MalwareBytes anti-malware:
https://ccm.net/downloads/security-and-maintenance/4621-malwarebytes-anti-malware/

5. Rename mbam-setup.exe to explorer.exe and double-click to run it. Install, update and run MalwareBytes anti-malware. Then perform full computer scan and remove all found infections.

Once your computer is clean and working normally just to be on the safe side
•Turn off system restore and wait 30 seconds,
•Turn it back on and create a new restore point.

This way it gets rid of anything bad that might have gotten saved in a restore point and you have a clean restore point to use in the near future if needed.
Do not turn it off until your computer is clean and working normally because you might need to use it if something goes wrong during the clean-up process.
It is better to go back to an infected restore point if something goes wrong then to not be able to undo changes that were damaging.

For further assistance, please do come back, anyhow I would appreciate your feedback.

Best regards