Ask a question Report

Compare 3 Columns excel [Solved]

Lookup - Latest answer on Mar 16, 2010 09:35PM
Hello,
I have to compare 3 columns (A,B AND C) filled with names and return, in another column (E), the list adding the names from the 3 columns (A+B+C-AB-AC-BC-ABC). The problem is that I have to exclude all duplicated names from the final list.
How do I do that?
Read more 
Answer
+2
moins plus
dding the names from the 3 columns (A+B+C-AB-AC-BC-ABC).
unquote
this is not clear

I have given a solution for similar problem for two columns in t\

http://en.kioskea.net/forum/affich-287755-compare-two-columns-and-delete-duplicates

see whether you can modify that solution to suit you
in an empty columns(row 1 is having colulmn heading ) e.g.F2
type the formula A2&B2&C2
and copy F2 down

Modify the macro there (changing E to F) and run the macro

first do this solution (concatenating and running the macro) on a sample data.
Lookup- Mar 16, 2010 09:35PM
Sorry, it is unclear.

The problem I have is this: I have three lists with 50 names each. I have to create another list in which I will have all the names os the other lists apart from duplicated ones. So the last list won`t necessarily have 150 names, because there are names that can be duplicated in the other columns. So what I need is to Add taking away the intersections you see?

Although it may seem harder, I would like to do it without using macros, just formulas from the excel. Is that possible?
Add comment
This document entitled « Compare 3 Columns excel » from CCM (ccm.net) is made available under the Creative Commons license. You can copy, modify copies of this page, under the conditions stipulated by the license, as this note appears clearly.

Not a member yet?

sign-up, it takes less than a minute and it's free!

Members get more answers than anonymous users.

Being a member gives you detailed monitoring of your requests.

Being a member gives you additional options.