My HP Pavilion dv6000 Won't turn on/Black Scr

Closed
bhabes - Mar 17, 2010 at 04:19 AM
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 - Nov 26, 2010 at 04:32 PM
Hello,
my hp pavilion dv6000 have power but totaly the sreen is black. i turned on my laptop and worked perfectly... for a couple seconds. My HP pavilion Dv6000 froze and i decided to manually turn it on and back on. I pushed, and held the power button until it turned off. Once it turned off i decided to take the battery out (for no apparent reason). So i took it out and put it back it (i didn't really touch anything). Once i put it back in i tried turning it on by pressing the power button, have power there r blue light, but i dnt knw the sreen is totally black. can u help me to knw what is the prob of my laptop. thanks
Related:

4 responses

i have a prob i off laptop and take off the battrey after 1 min it wounld not turn on light are on and fan aswell but screen are black any 1solve the problem thanks
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,172
Mar 17, 2010 at 05:40 AM
Hello,

Here is an answer provided by our respected expert and moderator Xpcman.

"This type of problem is normally hardware in nature.

Does the laptop play the Windows "welcome" sound? If you had the sound before and don't now, then you laptop may need major repairs.

Can you connect an external monitor to the laptop? Remember that you will need to activate the video port with a Function Key before you can expect to see an image on the external display. I
Try to shine a bright light at an angle on the screen when the PC is on. If you see a faint image, then your "backlight" or "inverter" is broken. "

Hope this helps
i have a prob i off laptop dritly after off i would not turn on light are on and fan aswell but screen is black any 1 tell what prob with it thanks
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,172
Nov 26, 2010 at 04:32 PM
Hello Olo,

I had some difficulty understanding your message.

Try removing your battery, charge it and reinsert. Plug in your lappy and boot. If you still have no fan and no screen, I am afraid that you have a huge motherboard problem which only a in the flesh technician can repair.

Let me know

Regards