IE 8 and Windows 7 Refresh Problems

Closed
Ronee - Mar 22, 2010 at 03:11 PM
 Ronee - Mar 26, 2010 at 07:46 AM
I need help. I just bought a new laptop running Windows 7 with IE 8. It's the new i3 series with 4GB memory. I can get to a website without a problem but can't get another page in the website to load without refreshing 2 or 3 times. One big problem is that when I try to purchase an item online and get to the "Place Your Order" page and click on "Submit", it just sits there. The order is never confirmed and I don't dare refresh the page or I could wind up ordering the item every time I do. This is a brand new computer. I shouldn't have any viruses, McAfee came with the system and was activated first thing. I'm really getting frustrated. The same thing happens when I try to download a file. I have to click on download at least 3 times before the file actually starts to download. No other problems noticed with the computer.

Any help will be greatly appreciated. I've used computers for years but please don't speak in technical terms to me as it will be over my head...I'm just a user. Does anyone have an easy fix? I'm afraid if I try all the things listed here that I'll mess up my new computer.

Thanks.
Related:

2 responses

try to reset your web setting for ie8

"control panel>internet options>advanced tab "reset"
i've been having problems with ie8 loading videos and downloading stuff this is the only thing that worked for besides downloading opera or firefox
hope it helps

p.s ie8 is really shitty lately
I finally found the problem! It turned out to be my wireless router and a communication/connection problem. I disabled the wireless router, hooked it up with an ethernet cable and local contection and everything is working beautifully and extremely fast.

Of course I forgot to even mention that I was using a wireless router in my original message...sorry, but thanks for your help, I really appreciate it.

Thanks...