Tipped tea over my new laptop

Closed
Trees - Mar 22, 2010 at 06:11 PM
 Trees - Mar 22, 2010 at 08:34 PM
help... my new 1 week old dell laptop and i tipped a cup of tea of the keyboard. im now trying to dry it out in the airing cupboard. please please any suggestions would be much appreciated. Im very stressed right know !!!!
Related:

1 response

Blocked Profile
Mar 22, 2010 at 06:56 PM
Dear Sir,

The keyboard should have been dried up using a hair dryer immediately and the damages that it has caused might differ. Please indicate whether the laptop was switched on at that time for appropriate information.

Thanks.
Yes unfortunately it was switched on. I immediately turned the laptop upside down and most of the liquid ran off. I then put it in an airing cupboard for about 30 mins again upside down. I brought it out and put a small fan heater blowing directly at the keyboard for another 30 mins or so. It doesn't seem to want to work. I am hoping now that if I just leave it it will continue to dry and maybe it will work eventually. Tho' I must admit I'm not very optimistic. Thanks for your suggestion, if you can make any further suggestions i would appreciate it......................Terry