IE 8 Crashes every time I go to Chatroulette

Solved/Closed
Silver11 Posts 3 Registration date Tuesday March 23, 2010 Status Member Last seen March 12, 2011 - Mar 23, 2010 at 05:04 PM
 advacant - Mar 28, 2011 at 09:46 AM
I am running Vista business 32 bit with IE 8 and every time I go to Chatroulette.com or Chatrt.co "same place" my IE 8 crashes, it doesn't crash on any other site, just that one. I am also running AVG ver 9, but I uninsulated it to see if that was the problem, but it still crashes as soon as I went to the site. I've re-installed AVG, but can't figure out what the problem is. I have an older computer running XP SP3 and AVG and I don't have any problems connecting with it, it is just a very slow computer. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you in advance for any suggestions.
Related:

6 responses

After some trial and error, here is a simple solution that worked for me and you may want to try:

1. Within IE8, Click Tools, then Internet Options, then select the Advanced tab.
2. Under Settings, scroll down to Browsing and deselect (uncheck) Enable third-party browser extensions*.
3. Click the Apply, then OK buttons, close then reopen IE8, then try viewing a PDF file again.

If this doesn't work, after step 1. above, click the Restore advanced settings button first, then continue with the other two steps.

The above solution assumes that within Adobe Reader, Edit, Preferences..., that Display PDF in browser is selected (checked).

Good luck!
Silver11 Posts 3 Registration date Tuesday March 23, 2010 Status Member Last seen March 12, 2011
Mar 12, 2011 at 04:14 PM
Thanks for your reply, but it didn't fix my problem though.
Just the same problem for me. I've tried to fix it using ie8, firefox 3.6.x, chrome....
My OS is XP sp3, and i've installed AVG9 too.
firefox wont solve the problem. its Flash 10, reverting to 9 or previous should help
I have same problem. I use Windows XP and Mozilla Firefox but everytime I went to the page it crashes..

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
A lot of people are having this problem. I almost think it has something to do with IE 8. I know other people that never have a problem with the website. But ever since I got my new computer with IE 8 already installed it will only let me chat for maybe 30 seconds total, if that, then it says internet explorer is not responding. I've looked up this question many times and no one seems to know. Good luck! If you figure it out post it on here!
Blocked Profile
Mar 24, 2010 at 01:42 AM
Hi there,

To get on the mentioned website ill recommend you to use either Google chrome or safari browser it works perfect on the website.

Thanks
I use both Chrome and Safari and ChatRoulette constantly hangs on me. :-/
I have exactly the same problem.. I've tried with : IE, Firefox,Chrome, Opera, Safari and they ALL crash when i go on the site . Chatroulette, Chatrt, Chatroulette-clone and 3 other os that kind of websites.. I searched for a lot of help on internet and no solution for that problem. I'M using Windows7 by the way... Well if someone could help us it would be so great !!! Thank you !!
It's the flash error, if you read the actual error given it says "Flash" problem ;)
You guys don't know much about how this all works... it has nothing to do with your browser what so ever. it has to do with chatroutette. its MASIVE and takes up a lot of your bandwidth, not to mention the stain it puts on the flash plugin. so if you have a older version of flash or not, it will indefinitely crash every time the load becomes to much!
i love how you say no one knows what they are talking about, and you give a weak suggestion like "upgrade flash." loser.