Ask a question Report

Why does Word ask for product key?

tuskus - Latest answer on Mar 25, 2010 08:29AM
I have been using an old version of Word (maybe 2002?) on my laptop (Windows Vista) since I bought it about a year ago. I had installed it legitimately with CD and it worked fine until today. Now out of the blue, when I open one of my word documents it opens up in the new Word and asks for a 25 character product key. This has not happened before and I dont know how to resolve this problem.
Read more 
Answer
+0
moins plus
Greetings,

It may just be due to a compatibility issue between your version and more recent versions, especially if you try to open documents written with newer version.

I don't know if this will work for you, but Microsoft published an update to resolve certain compatibility issues: "Microsoft Office Compatibility Pack for Word, Excel, and PowerPoint File Formats"

You may wish to consult the following:

http://www.microsoft.com/...

Best regards
Add comment
Answer
+0
moins plus
Hi there,

Office 200 trial is still on it thus you will have to uninstall it since you are using office 2003,open control panel>add/remove programs and uninstall.

Thanks
Add comment
This document entitled « Why does Word ask for product key? » from CCM (ccm.net) is made available under the Creative Commons license. You can copy, modify copies of this page, under the conditions stipulated by the license, as this note appears clearly.

Not a member yet?

sign-up, it takes less than a minute and it's free!

Members get more answers than anonymous users.

Being a member gives you detailed monitoring of your requests.

Being a member gives you additional options.