Ask a question Report

Retrieve Hidden & locked folders [Solved/Closed]

Rammy - Latest answer on Nov 15, 2012 09:42PM
Hello,
need help from u .. i have locked a folder with folder lock tool ,.... long back... that tool got expired (its a trail pack) if i give the password its asking to purchase .... i have change the sys date and tried .. but still same problem .. then .. i have hard deleted that aplication from program files .. and installed again but the problem is i couldnot retrive that folder from d drive. is there any other way to get that locked and hidden folder with any of the tools.... please let me know .. I HAVE TO GET THAT FOLDER. i tryed somay ways with R-studio, recovermyfiles tools etc but unable to get that folder ... give some tool name or tips. go retrieve that folder .
Read more 
Answer
+33
moins plus
You can recover All your folders and files .....

1- run registry by typing 'regedit' after clicking Start button in Windows and then click Run. Then delete this string value:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER > Software > FolderLock6 > LastLockerPath .

2- Goto Folder Options -> View -> Advanced Settting tab

Uncheck the option

- Hide protected operating system files (recommended)
- Show hidden files, folders ,and drivers .

Go to documents Folder ... and you can see folder have name (Locker )
open it ... and you will see all ur files at thir >>>

Thanks

Rush- Nov 15, 2012 09:42PM
worked for me..... :) thnx man
Answer
+12
moins plus
hey there,

you did wrong while you hard removed the files from the program files you should have removed it in the add or remove programs and after that juts try to reinstall it, it sould let you get the files that you are willing to get. but you should know that some encrypting programs have this disadvantage that is you can use it for some time and after the expiration period it will ask you to get the full version in other words to pay for it and if you dont do that then you wont be able to get back your data. but before coming to any conclusion just try to do what i have told you before and then see what happens.

Mann- Mar 26, 2010 08:23AM
Try this Guys ....
Go to My Computer on your desktop and then run it, and the click tools menu and then click "Folder Options..." Then click the "View" tab and then select "Show hidden files and folders" option and uncheck the "Hide protected operating system files" and then go to the System directory of your Windows which is typically C:\Windows\System32 or C:\Windows\System and search for a file "windrvNT.sys" in these folders. Then delete this file "windrvNT.sys" (this is Folder Lock locking driver file) and then restart your computer to get your folders/files or drives back.
ag- Apr 29, 2010 07:40PM
thanks mann!! it did worked for me!
SH- Jun 25, 2010 06:02AM
NO THIS WILL NOT WORK FOR ME; I HAVE PREVIOUSLY WINDOWS 7AND I LOCKEDTHE
FILE USING WINDOWS7 FOLDER LOCKING OPTION NOW I CAN'T ACCES MY DOCUMENT
WHEN I FORMAT THE WINDOWS AND INSTALLED XP ;;;;; PLZ HELP
Answer
+11
moins plus
hey guys i found a way... just browse to the directory which the hiden folder lies. now open the folder using rar. u can c files there. then copy that files outside.

smig24- Apr 29, 2010 08:31AM
Thanks MAHN....
vic- May 13, 2010 11:01PM
hey thanks for the tip.. it really works :D
boynao- Jun 26, 2010 10:51AM
ohhhh GOD thanx so much dude.....its really great...but it can cut & past ...space taking 2wice
sp- Jun 30, 2010 09:53PM
dude great idea...its really wokin well....tanx alott....
l33t- May 6, 2011 11:41PM
Fantastic! Worked like a charm for me! Thanks so much.
Answer
+10
moins plus
Hello,

Just try this which i had done & got succeed...Do not install this software again bcoz it was trial version so it has expired which will not work again.

1. Firstly ununstall the software & then restart the pc...Then find whether your hidden forlder is there or not.../
2. Or download the same software again ...It will work bcoz the it will count trial date fom current date.

I hope these solutions will solve our problem....If yes then let me know.

jim- Dec 20, 2008 02:59PM
Nope, that won't work because there are hidden files in the registry that is retained and remembers the first download of the trial version. Believe me, I tried...it won't and doesn't work. Gotta purchase the product. Sorry.
Answer
+8
moins plus
If you have version 5.7.5 (may work with other versions as well) hit runn and type regedit, goto HKEY_CURRENT_USER/software/Folder Lock/logs

ps Passwords are written in reverse

himanshu dpaul - Aug 3, 2009 08:18AM
i will be very thankful to u if u please give me the solution of my question immediately ----
because i m in a great trouble ////
i have downloaded the software easydrivelock software ....its of hihisoft.com website
what the nonsense engineers have made it and published on web to make fool of customers ......
i have locked my d drive and then tried to unlock it
this foolish software indicates that the drive has been unlocked and result is in vain '''''
============i cant even unlock my locked d drive which contains very useful documents and great softwares and all of my study material +++++++++++
please tell me how to unlock it
i will be always thankful to u
if u help me ////// I have lenovo laptop and configuration 512/80 of celeron and sp3 of xp
THANK U SIR
tasin21 dpaul - Jan 15, 2010 11:05AM
Dear Bro hav u got any solutn? I got da same prob but no solutn so far. Pls lemme know if u hav 1. i'll b greatfl 2 u.
free- Nov 26, 2009 04:10AM
You mean - it is THAT easy to unlock folder lock!! Good lord

If I delete this file- will I still be able to log in???
hack-spy- Jun 11, 2010 09:39PM
just format your c drive and again install your os and then you can open your locked drive ..................................
hack-spy- Jun 11, 2010 09:40PM
use rar it will show all the hidden files and folders so that you can retrive your files very easily
Answer
+6
moins plus
just browse to the directory which the hiden folder lies. now open the folder using rar. u can c files there. then copy that files outside.

KK- Aug 17, 2009 10:19AM
i dont understand what do u mean when u say open in rar???can u give a little bit of details...thanks a lot
Prasad- Jan 19, 2010 09:29PM
I am using rar to get the folder again but it is telling not accessible then how to retreive it

the data is very important plz help me

i am haveing data in d:/New

and i used hide folder xp to hide and i forgot my password

then how to get the files inside d:/New

Thanks in Advance
hack-spy- Jun 11, 2010 10:02PM
if the file is very importent the just format your c drive and again install your os and then you can open your locked drive
This document entitled « Retrieve Hidden & locked folders » from CCM (ccm.net) is made available under the Creative Commons license. You can copy, modify copies of this page, under the conditions stipulated by the license, as this note appears clearly.

Not a member yet?

sign-up, it takes less than a minute and it's free!

Members get more answers than anonymous users.

Being a member gives you detailed monitoring of your requests.

Being a member gives you additional options.