No sound due to pci device [Solved/Closed]

Ask a question pradeep - Last answered on Apr 25, 2013 at 03:17 PM by Tariq yosafxai
Hello,
I have installed audio driver but there is no sound in my pc
when I open device manager I found that there is a yellow symbol in mu pci device.
i updated it with realtek ac 97 driver but there is no updation

please help me
See more 
Helpful
+111
moins plus
Click rigt PCI Device to Upgrade the driver.
If it claims a file like Hd......sys the path to it is C:\windows\system32\drivers
Helpful
+71
moins plus
Hello everyone,
this is to let those know who are having sound problems after its proper installation and restoration.

usually this problem is due to uninstalled PCI.

well, to find out it took one day of mine so I want to help u guys so that u wont waste ur precious time.

simply google KB 888111xpsp3 , and downoad its unzip file which is available there. then unzip it. Or click this link for direct dowload (http://www.esnips.com/...

and then this procedure:

righclick on my computer>manage>device manager> right click on PCI and click update driver> select, this time only>install from specific location>and select the place where the unziped and ziped files are, click next.

congratulations! your computer voice is back. But do remember there wont be the volume icone on taskbar near clock.
inorder to bring that back you have to run ur sound driver once again. and this time it will work.

FURTHER QUESTIONS , MOST WELCOME.
Rikkib- Jan 24, 2013 at 04:21 PM
Essa omar yousafzai Thanks!
sam- Feb 11, 2013 at 05:38 PM
great great fixed in seconds for which I was trying for hours
thanks a million. may god bless you superb keep it up.......
jam- Mar 10, 2013 at 01:31 PM
why is it that I dont see any PCI?
namdev- Apr 14, 2013 at 02:33 PM
Thank you..but it again ask for audio device on high definition audio bus
Tariq yosafxai- Apr 25, 2013 at 03:17 PM
thanks alot dear omar.... it wasted lots of my time... thanks again
Helpful
+14
moins plus
Click ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp32501-33000/sp32646.exe

It's an executable file not needing unzapping. Just double-click the icon.
Helpful
+8
moins plus
getting back audio devices and drivers after they go poof.

Here is what I did. I spent several days trying to get help from microsoft. Their so called help site is CRAP. Finally ! Prompted by an answer from someone on the Web, that idd not work for me , here is what I did that succeeded.

If you have Windows.

Go to your start and click on Programs or in some caes All programs

In the coulmn that comes up

go to accessories

That will open a series that has system tools

Move arrow to system tools and to the right a column will appear

In that column go to system restore

Click on system restore

a screen will appear with a calendar in it

Go to a date that preceded the download that caused you the problem or in other words before you lost your audio and drivers.

Click on that date in the calendar

The screen will take you throught the rest

The system will go through a restore process to take it back to the date you select. Be patient.

It will also shut down then come back up. You will hear the results when it starts back up.

I am no computer guru or anywhere close but this worked for me when nobody with Microsoft/windows , no one had an answer that worked on my computer.

MY THANKS TO ALL WHO OFFERED SOLUTIONS , EVEN THOUGH THEY DID NOT WORK SPECIFICALLY FOR ME. WHAT THEY DID WAS GET ME THINKING IN THE RIGHT/SUCCESSFUL DIRECTION.

MY BEST WISHES TO ALL. THIS SITE IS THE SITE THAT GOT ME GOING IN A DIRECTION THAT WORKED FOR ME. I HOPE IT WORKS FOR YOU.

IF YOU ARE NOT SUCCESFUL WITH WHAT I HAVE SENT , LET ME KNOW WHERE IT FAILS IN THE PROCESS. I WILL RETRACE MY STEPS AND SEE IF I CAN HELP. THIS IS A VERY FRUSTRATING PROBLEM.

MERRY CHRISTMAS/HAPPY NEW YEAR
FROM THE OLD DUMB ASSED COUNTRY BOY
COBOY@MINDSPRING.COM
rehana- Jan 31, 2009 at 08:19 AM
hi
i did follow your advices but still no change
any solution
please help
eyel- Jan 31, 2009 at 09:15 AM
Hi,
try to reinstall again your PC Operating System to repair all your drivers.
rehana- Jan 31, 2009 at 11:42 AM
ok I will try
thanks
AMIT- Mar 19, 2010 at 03:15 AM
ITS NOT WORKING
Lillyrose- Apr 7, 2010 at 12:47 AM
Rebel, You are Pure Genius!! This worked beautifully! :)
Helpful
+6
moins plus
Hello

You've got to search the driver for the device manager of your motherboard.
Helpful
+4
moins plus
Dear Sir,

I have installed audio driver in my pc but no sound come out, when I check my hardware manager there is yellow sign appear on PCI device, please help me to solve this problem

Thanks

Salahudin
Helpful
+4
moins plus
plez help mi
Kent PC Solutions Ltd- Feb 5, 2009 at 06:46 AM
It is a common problem, XP thinks your on board sound card is a PCI device. To fix this download the microsoft hotfix KB835221 from: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/835221

It might download automatically with automatic updates but I am not sure.

once installed, the 'found new hardware' windows should pop up with your sound card and if the drivers are on your PC it should install automatically.

hope this helps.
rehana- Feb 5, 2009 at 09:35 AM
hi
i download the hot fix but when upzip it...i got only 2 text files and a zipped folder for languages....
please help how to get that microsoft hotfix KB835221 set up....
Kent PC Solutions- Feb 5, 2009 at 02:39 PM
it should just be an exe that installs the update.

try this one from the hp web-site, its the same thing:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/...
rehana- Feb 6, 2009 at 08:10 AM
going to be a pain again...i dwnload the update but as I dont havy any HP preinstalled with xp...the operation was aborted...btw am usin xp pack3....
any solution...thanks for helping
Helpful
+3
moins plus
Is the PCI Device line with a question mark in Others Devices or System devices ?
rehana- Feb 7, 2009 at 11:20 AM
hi...its only on the PCI Device driver that there is a yellow question mark...all my remaining drivers are ok
Helpful
+2
moins plus
Use the hotfix provided by HP ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp33501-34000/sp33867.exe
Download and run it.

Then run the driver of ur sound card.
rehana- Feb 6, 2009 at 11:11 AM
hi...
i have downloaded the application and even run the set up but still no audio...there still a yellow question mark for the PCI device driver...
any solution...please help
Vito Ansari- Mar 26, 2009 at 07:18 PM
Thanks a lot man, that was really helpful, I can listen to music again OMG!!!
Great advice!!!!
rzew- Sep 7, 2009 at 01:18 PM
Had exactly same problem and your solution worked, I'm delighted:))
Thanks very much, now it's working perfect:)
Helpful
+1
moins plus
Hello,

I appear to have the same problem here as everyone else. I did a fresh install of Windows XP and now I have the yellow "?" beside 2 PCI Device and also 1 Unknown Device and no sound. I do not have the disc to install the drivers needed. Any help would be awesome!
UNAD- Feb 20, 2009 at 09:07 AM
download & unzip KB 888111xpsp3 then right click on 'pci device' [in device manager] and click on 'update driver' and point it to your unzipped file and it will load. it will ask for disk 1 etc, just browse back to unzip file and the file will be there. 'new device found' will appear as loading and all will be complete and working

Good Luck
karen- Feb 20, 2009 at 11:08 AM
hi
thanks for the info
could please provide a link to download the KB 888111xpsp3 plz
murad ali khan- Mar 3, 2010 at 12:17 AM
please provide link of kb 888111 xpsp3
agnes UNAD - Aug 30, 2009 at 06:46 AM
Hi. I've downloaded the file from your link but, when I try to 'download from a specific location' and I browse to the 'Disc 1' file in my C drive, it doesn't give me anything to open.
dodi UNAD - Dec 7, 2009 at 12:39 PM
Hi Unad,
how are you ? I Really dont know how to thank you I downloaded the hotfix kb888111 and all my problems have gone u know , erliar device manger couldnt detect my nither my even with (scan for H/w changes ) and I was about to kick my labtop out of the window, till I saw ur reply on this forum and I said lets try for the very last time and pufff its working . again THNK YOU UNAD AND THANK YOU KIOSEKA.NET TO HAVE GREAT PEPOLE LIKE UNAD . THANK U ALLLL .
Helpful
+1
moins plus
this was great advice, thanks for the link. my situation did get offset one step further. my sound device was missing and a PCI device was being found and needing to be installed with the proper disk. I downloaded the patch and it took care of the PCI device but then the patch needed a driver as if it was hardware that didn't belong on my computer which it didn't... I rolled back the driver and it found the realtek information on my computer.
i had been downloading realtek stuff left and right and installing their driver for days. but your patch got the rollback option and the driver tab to come up. thanks!
Helpful
+1
moins plus
you have saved me from pullin out my hair .. I was at this for days .. and the instructions were clear and it worked .. only thing I hear a lil sound whnever I click on anything .. ha yesss could that be sound .. wow I am so happy !!!! Thanks for sharing all your genius .. a huge thank you ...
Helpful
+1
moins plus
This solution is correct ,
simply download KB 888111xpsp3 , and downoad its unzip file which is available there. then unzip it. Or click this link for direct dowload (http://www.esnips.com/... and then proceed below
righclick on my computer>manage>device manager> right click on PCI and click update driver> select, this time only>install from specific location>and select the place where the unziped and ziped files are, click next.
***congratulations! your computer voice is back. But do remember there wont be the volume icone on taskbar near clock.
inorder to bring that back you have to run ur sound driver once again. and this time it will work.
****More clear if not understand ,
Problem is cause from XP SP3 only
Step :
1.Check device manager and scroll down to System device,
2.You will not see “UAA Bus Driver for High Definition Audio”

Solve :
1. Fresh Bios to last rev. from Asus web.
2. Download file "KB 888111xpsp3" ,“ Universal_Audio_Architecture_High_Definition_” from net.
And update this driver by go to system and device manger ,and click on yellow marked at PCI device then install by
Click to folder which you create & unzip file.
3. Download and install “VIA_audio_V6017200_XPVistaWin7 or V6011510_XPVista , each one is ok.
kim- Jul 12, 2010 at 02:38 PM
Fantastic. It worked perfectly after I followed your instruction. Thanks again. Kim
Helpful
+0
moins plus
sir I have similer problem as shown in title messege please give me some suggestion to solve this problem.
Helpful
+0
moins plus
Dear jmp59, thank you soooooooooooooooooooo much, no one I applied to could help me with the problem, thnx!!!!!!!!!
Helpful
+0
moins plus
My pc has the same problem. no sound, there is a yellow symbol in pci device. I've tried the above solutions, but still no sound. I really appreciate if anyone could help. thanks...

Detail:

HP Pavilion 061 PN132AA-ABU t760.uk

Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack 3 (build 2600)
Install Language: English (United States)

Main Circuit Board b:
Board: ASUSTeK Computer INC. Puffer 1.xx
Bus Clock: 133 megahertz
BIOS: American Megatrends Inc. 3.10 11/12/2004

I couldn't find the model of motherboard online. I opened the pc case, found a label shows ATX-300-12 Rev. but not sure it is the model of motherboard coz no detail on it.

tkx!!!
Helpful
+0
moins plus
anyone can help plzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!!!
stellabox 10Posts Monday July 13, 2009Registration date July 30, 2009 Last seen - Jul 30, 2009 at 03:10 PM
I fixed it.
Helpful
+0
moins plus
I have the same problem to, and my laptop is S7110. I have tried the above options.

M
Helpful
+0
moins plus
Download a piece of software called AC'97 via vinyl 7.00 this should get your sound back up and running it is a set of drivers for pre installed software on the computer. I suffered for ages after deleting the driver partition on my HDD this took a while to find but solved my audio problems without any hassle
Helpful
+0
moins plus
I have done the same thing, you want to right click on the yellow exclamation mark and click uninstall. You want to make sure you do have the correct driver to use when it searches for one after it pops up a window, with "new hardware found". When it searches for the driver and asks it you have the disk click the option to "browse" then find the driver you downloaded, click on it, it should do the rest for you. Even if it indicates, the driver may not be correct, use it anyway.

Second option is start, find, search for drivers, there's a chance it's still on you pc just hidden. Good luck.
afriko- Feb 19, 2010 at 01:04 PM
hi I have prolem sound n I need help hw can I download the device! plz
1 2 Next

Member requests are more likely to be responded to.

Members can monitor the statuses of their requests from their account pages.

A CCM membership gives you access to additional options.

Not a member yet?