You have a security problem

Solved/Closed
D - Oct 14, 2008 at 02:11 PM
 frd - Jun 14, 2009 at 02:03 PM
Hello,
I have an issue with my PC (Windows XP), I have a popup that states "You have a security problem" and attempts to sell me new virus protection.

I have McAfee already installed and I have run a scan for a virus but it did not pick up anything.
How do I get rid of this without purchasing more "quote" security software?

Thanks,
D
Related:

24 responses

here, this was happening to me when earlier today, this is the only that actually worked!
(i used the first one)

download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, save it to your desktop.

https://www.besttechie.com/resources/malwarebytes/

or

https://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/malwarebytes_anti_malware.html

Make sure you are connected to the Internet.
Double-click on Download_mbam-setup.exe to install the application.
When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
When installation has finished, make sure you leave both of these checked:
Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
Then click Finish. MBAM will automatically start and you will be asked to update the program
before performing a scan. If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself.
Press the OK button to close that box and continue.

On the Scanner tab:
Make sure the "Perform Quick Scan" option is selected. Then click on the Scan button.
The next screen will ask you to select the drives to scan. Leave all the drives selected
and click on the Start Scan button. The scan will begin and "Scan in progress" will show at the
top. It may take some time to complete so please be patient. When the scan is finished, a message
box will say "The scan completed successfully. Click 'Show Results' to display all objects found".
Click OK to close the message box and continue with the removal process. Back at the main Scanner
screen, click on the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found. Make sure
that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected. When removal is completed, a log report
will open in Notepad and you may be prompted to restart your computer. (see Note below) The log
is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.
Note:
If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be presented with 1 of 2 prompts.
Click OK to either and let MBAM proceed with the disinfection process.
If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately.
Failure to reboot will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware.
Thanks Katie for the info had the same problem and your solution worked for me to Thanks again
is the anti malware free
Thanks Katie, I had the same problem and your suggestion worked great. It not only found this problem but 289 others as well. I couldn't find these problems on my pc with McAfee or other spyware programs. Thanks very much :)
thanks katie i have had a pop up security alert on my pc for about 4 days and its been driving me mad but your solution worked exactly as you said and it didnt cost a penny many thanks hayley
Just wanted to thank Katie for the great advise on how to get rid of the security alerts. Tried the first link and it worked wonders. It was driving me crazy, I'm so glad its gone. Thanks again.
but that website nid to purchase for register right?if i no have register i can't remove all the theast
After staying up until 3am and wasting $50 on Spyware that did not remove System Security- I was determined to get rid of it. The virus would not let me run malware removal so I had to find a program that it would let me run.
1. https://www.winpatrol.com/ <-----------Go here
2. Download WinPatrol Free Edition
3. After running program-it will show you what programs will automaticly start on you're computer. Sysssstem security will be there and and something right below it that goes with it. Remove them both by highlighing and clicking REMOVE--
It should be gone!!!!!!!!!
Double check by going to Task Manager (CNTRL+ALT+DELETE) under process tab and making sure there are no files like
systemsecurity.exe
or
a bunch of numbers+ .exe - make sure numbers are not for something else-they shouldnt be-but make sure
Delete these files if they are there.Enjoy your new life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
your welcome!
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,828
Oct 15, 2008 at 12:30 AM
go to this link - it gives full instructions on removing this Trojan program. This is a safe link/site

https://www.411-spyware.com/
dude even spy hunter requires you to register the software to get rid of it. so i am back where i started! - either i pay for spy hunter or so this stupid trojan. If only i can come cross the puss who made this stuff want to break his knee caps!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
sparks > anon
Apr 10, 2009 at 11:38 AM
DO THIS DUDE, IF YOU STILL HAVE THE PROBLEM.

I HAD THE BUBBLE POP UP ON SCREEN LAST NIGHT 1AM, 20 MINUTES LATER I HAD SITES CALLED FREEFORALL AND OTHER SITES POP UP TRYING TO SELL ME SPYWARE EQUIPMENT, I HAVE AVG8.

I RAN A SYSTEM SCAN AND IT FOUND 2000 THREATS WITHIN 3 MINUTES, I REMOVED THEM IN THE VIRUS VAULT AND I THOUGHT IT WAS GONE.

GUESS AGAIN......I THEN RESTORED MY COMPUTER TO AN EARLIER TIME, 12 AM ON APRIL 10TH, 1 HOUR BEFORE THE PROBLEM BEGAN.........NOW I AM RUNNING FREE AND LIVING FASTER BECAUSE IT'S GONE, I HAVE NO SECURITY PROBLEMS, NO VIRUSES, 100% CLEAR AND NOTHING TO BE STOLEN LIKE IT WAS BEFORE WHEN I GOT A SIMALAR ONE.

IT TAKES 15 MINUTES MAX TO RESTORE, 10 MINUTES TO USE AVG8 TO CLEAR ALL THE VIRUSES AND THAT IS WHY I AM HELPING YOU OUT.........

GET AVG8 FROM THE WEBSITE, YOU ONLY NEED THE UN-ACTIVATED VERSION, YOU DONT NEED TO PAY, ALL YOU DO IS RUN A SYSTEM SCAN LIKE I AM NOW, AND THEN EVERYTHING WILL BE FINE...

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
hey i have the same problem how do i gef it the way u did?
thxs =D
Malwarebytes AntiMalware
I did run Malware at least 10 times and Spybot. This message is driving me crazy. every two minutes the screens pop up with a terrible loud sound.. I cant play my music. Came up clean on both Malware and Spybot. I dont even want to check my emails anymore because my computer is sick. it says your computer remains infected by viruses. Download Winweb Security to your PC. They can cause data loss and file damages and need to be cured as soon as possible. and another pop up Intercepting files which may harm your computer.
Thanks for any assistance.
Anne
i also have the same problem like that,i have try that web b4,n installed it,...but after scanning,...when it call me click remove to remove the theast,it nid me to registor...how should i do to get a free trial n free registor to fix this problem...T.T
I had this virus too. Follow McAfee link below, download the software and follow instructions. This removed this and several other trojans from my computer. It is free.

http://forums.mcafeehelp.com/showthread.php?t=222656
I just got the same thing last night and ahhh it's annoying!! i'm like wtf is this thing?! stupid stupid thing mabobber! well thanks anyway person who gave that link to get rid of it!
Cyber Tech Posts 7 Registration date Monday December 15, 2008 Status Member Last seen December 16, 2008 2
Dec 16, 2008 at 03:51 AM
Solution from Search-and-destroy.
If you own a computer, you must have antispyware to keep it running at its best. The problem is choosing a scan that works. I have tried many different types of scans in the past and then I ran across Search-and-destroy Antispyware. I have to say that the antispyware solution from Search-and-destroy is the best that I have used to date. It gets the job done and keeps my computer working like new. If you are interested in seeing for yourself just how good this antispyware works you can click on https://www.hugedomains.com/domain_profile.cfm?d=search-and-destroy&e=com to learn more. I'm sure it would be worth your time to check it out.
Why not try system restore if you have Vista?
plz sir give me detail about my computer sysytem security protect pc registration key if you have easilly understand me then plz replay me answer
But what do I do if I can't even get to the internet? I just continue to get "You have a security problem"
I tried Katies links and the first one worked for me.
you can call Microsoft for free and they will remove it. Go to their website. I have had them do this twice for "windows antivrus 2008" and 2009.
hi people just a few words i recently found that virus on my computer and it was quite simple to rid of all u need to do is ctrl+Alt+Del go to processors and theres a processor call ~TEMP thats the main son of a b*** that pops up constantly once u have deleted that scan ur computer and any files should be found and destroyed
Katie..You are the bestest....1st one worked for me as well...Thank You your highness....lol
So I was pretty worried to download katies Options considering it was my open stance on downloading that gave me the Security System problem to begin with. So I tried the prior comment about going to Ctrl+Alt+Del and going to the Processes tab. There I found a long list of things things and systems I know very little about. I took my time looked around and realized there was one "process" that created a spike in CPU usage when the Pop-up was "shaken" when i used the arrow to drag the window around the page. The Image Name was just a bunch of numbers and maybe some letters followed buy .exe as all the Processes are. It had my name or Computer name as the User Name. I took time to see if it was truly the problem and took a deep breath and selected the End Process button. At that moment both the pop-up and the logo on the computer disappeared.

My best advice is to be careful and take your time with finding the solution. i do not know if Katies idea actually worked because I didn't have to use it. But it seemed like it had positive responses.
Lakerfan Posts 1 Registration date Monday April 20, 2009 Status Member Last seen April 20, 2009 > Mikey
Apr 20, 2009 at 08:21 PM
OK I have this same problem - the "You have a security issue" popup every couple of minutes. I cannot get rid of it because it has disabled every virus scan that I have (Norton Internet Security, Anti-Malware, Spybot, SuperAntiSpyware, NVT Malware Removal Tool, Adware-Micro AntiVirus 2009 Remover). I click on any of these and the program will not start. I have tried to uninstall and reinstall the programs, but no change. I upgraded to Internet explore 8, but no change. I also cannot restore my system to an earlier date. I do not know what else to try and my IT guys at work don't know either. Can anyone help?
it's called "ROGUE SECURITY". Even KASPERSKEY can't detect that program. All you need is "MALWAREBYTES". I can send you a CRACKED MALWAREBYTES if you want to.
Well, it depends on what kind of security you are going to install or focus on.It iis very important. That's why there are security systems in any field.Wireless security systems, alarm systems, social security systems etc are given. http://securityco-op.com
I used the below suggestion from Mike (ctr, alt, del)...It immediately removed all signs of the System Security pop-up, etc. Thank you Mike.

MIKE WROTE:
So I was pretty worried to download katies Options considering it was my open stance on downloading that gave me the Security System problem to begin with. So I tried the prior comment about going to Ctrl+Alt+Del and going to the Processes tab. There I found a long list of things things and systems I know very little about. I took my time looked around and realized there was one "process" that created a spike in CPU usage when the Pop-up was "shaken" when i used the arrow to drag the window around the page. The Image Name was just a bunch of numbers and maybe some letters followed buy .exe as all the Processes are. It had my name or Computer name as the User Name. I took time to see if it was truly the problem and took a deep breath and selected the End Process button. At that moment both the pop-up and the logo on the computer disappeared.

My best advice is to be careful and take your time with finding the solution. i do not know if Katies idea actually worked because I didn't have to use it. But it seemed like it had positive responses.
There's an easy solution, actually 3- go to getting rid of security system, and bob's your uncle. Good luck, K.
"You have a security problem" popup is a fictitious alert that appears in popup form, and is generated by the renegade anti-spyware application.

How to manually remove "You have a security problem" popup:
https://www.pcthreat.com/parasitebyid-7447en.html
Antivir seams to be working too and it is free
As all was stuck on my cession, I actually manage to get my computer working under another cession
I installed Antivir, which I should have done long ago and run a scan.
4 viruses isolated and destoyed
The computer is back on line