PC speakers with Wii?

Closed
FairLady - Feb 5, 2008 at 08:06 AM
 Sarah - Jul 13, 2008 at 07:31 PM
Hi,

I'm just wondering if there is any way I could use my pc speakers with my Wii? If there is, I would appreciate if you could tell me how.

Thanks
Related:

2 responses

Hi!

You can, using some adapters.
First, make sure you have amplified PC speakers (will either take batteries or have an AC adapter, not just a headphone plug) and then get an RCA stereo to 1/8" minijack adapter from RadioShack or other electronics store.

Then plug the Red and White plugs from the Wii into the adapter, and the speakers' headphone plug into the other end.

Now turn on the speakers, turn on the Wii (plug the yellow into your TV) and play.

The adapter will look something like:

0))white-------\
>-----(((0 1/8" headphone (minijack) connector
0))red---------/
I am trying to hook my wii to a projector. I can get the video, but not the sound. Computer speakers don't work. I need to know what I can use to project the sound.
I am having the same issue. Apparently it has to do with the fact that Wii audio is in analogue format and my dvd player (through which audio is distributed to my speaker system) is trying to digitize the audio.

plugging the audio directly into the amplifier for the speakers should supposedly resolve the issue, however may require a splitter or other adapter. I am still trying to work it out myself.