How to delete windows live messenger beta

Solved/Closed
Gigi - Oct 16, 2008 at 12:14 AM
 Sammi - Apr 21, 2010 at 12:41 AM
Hi can someone help me to remove windows life messenger beta fron my pc I just i dont want anymore on my pc nn thank you
Related:

73 responses

Hi there is a very simple way to uninstall this file.

If you download this file i have scanned it to make sure there is no viruses it is clear.
https://download.cnet.com/Handy-Uninstaller/3000-2096_4-10881124.html?part=dl-10881124&subj=dl&tag=button
once you have done that install it this software is free and needs no registration or codes.

Then simply find it and click uninstall.

Once you have got past this i suggest that you uninstall this software from your add or remove programms in control pannel any more help needed please feel free to emal me
i tried to uninstall windows live beta that way and it didn't work
thx a lot michael!!! this work fine!!!
aaah....tnx tnx tnx tnx u saved me :))))))
Thank you Michael -You saved. me.. What a great uninstall tool ?
Wonderful. GOt my MSN 8 back.:-)

Version 9 is stupid - Sharing folders is gone.
Or you could simply install a file assassin.... you can delete windows live essentials with it... Scanning your whole computer on virusses won't work i been busy all week.
Okay guys i had the same problem as some of you. I wanted to uninsall windows live beta so i went to control panel and did it the obvious way. Later i decided i'd made a hasty decision and wanted it back. So i went back to the site i downloaded it on and it didn't work. it said i still had it even though i swore i uninstalled it. Zapmessenger also didn't work for me and neither did those Run codes because the file i had deleted couldn't be found.

Finally after days of searching for the right solution i discovered a site and downloaded a program called Windows Install Clean Up which can be downloaded here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/290301
This is completely safe, no viruses or anything if that's what some of you are worried about.
After it's downloaded go to Start, All Programs, look for Windows Install Clean Up. A box will come up with a list of every thing you have on your computer. Scroll down the list until you find Windows live Essentials, Windows live writer, Windows live Messenger and whatever else you want to get rid of. Select them one at a time and click delete. And that's it! you're done.

This works seriously so try it:)

goodluck
http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/myuninst.html

download my ninstaller. and uninstall in one min.

add me
joeaw Posts 1 Registration date Saturday January 3, 2009 Status Member Last seen January 3, 2009
Jan 3, 2009 at 10:04 PM
Thanks nayish, it sure works like you said within minutes of downloading it.

Been trying for hours, browsed all the solutions. Only short of Reformating and walla, I found your post and it's all done.

Wish i have found your post earlier. Save me all those hours.

Thanks again.
his worked for me
FANTASTIC
all this crap ive read on ere, and THIS ONE worked!!!
ty ty ty ty!
thanks..worked great..was trying to erase this shit since 2 days,but wit yr prog it took less that 1 mins.... thanks soooo much
why I can't uninstall windows messenger plus live from my toolbar??
RevengeIzSw33t
Jan 16, 2009 at 12:40 AM
If All Of the Above Fails .... Like Me

What I Did was Installed Revo Uninstaller And After You Install That Open It And Change It To Hunter Mode In The Top Bit Open Ur Crappy Msn And Click The Little Icon In The Top Right Corner You Will Know What It is Choose Un Install I Chose Advanced And Went Through The Steps And Got rid Of It ....... FINALLY !! Hahah It Took Forever To find All This Stuff Out Though

Thanks !! Clair !

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
haveing difficulty
Nov 29, 2008 at 03:34 AM
Hi There I carnt get the gist of the windows messenger beta Thankyou
9999 9999 9999
Dec 1, 2008 at 07:50 AM
its very simple type in run msiexec /x {B1403D7D-C725-4858-AACC-7E5FA2D72859} and then he ask you do tou want to remove clik yes or ok and you done
nino > 9999 9999 9999
Dec 13, 2008 at 02:55 PM
can you explaine me how to delete windows livw messenger beta from my pc. i do not know very much english
lostt! > 9999 9999 9999
Dec 13, 2008 at 02:58 PM
type it where??
lostt! > 9999 9999 9999
Dec 13, 2008 at 02:59 PM
type it WHERE??
anakin > lostt!
Dec 29, 2008 at 02:11 PM
go to start - run then type msiexec /x {B1403D7D-C725-4858-AACC-7E5FA2D72859}
I've downloaded WLM 9 but can't sign in, so I go to uninstall WLM 9 and it's not in add/remove programs.
crazy_phoebe Posts 98 Registration date Wednesday February 20, 2008 Status Member Last seen February 6, 2009 2
Nov 9, 2008 at 08:37 AM
Thanx michael i hope it works !!!
to uninstall messenger 9 beta , start->run and type msiexec /x {B1403D7D-C725-4858-AACC-7E5FA2D72859}
smoking frog it's realy work... i try it and windows live messenger beta uninstall from my computer! thank u very much!!!!!!:)
helllo frog!! thanx buddy..
it's really works..
u have solved a big problem of me.
thankyou so so so much!
Brilliant!!!! thanks smoking frog, you rock :) I didnt think id ever get that crap off my computer.
oh thanks so much youve really helped me :D. Ive had lots of problems trying to uninstall msn 09 beta. Ill wait till 2009 for the "finished" new one =D
9999 9999 9999
Dec 1, 2008 at 07:55 AM
if you cant delete on that way you need to reinstal your windows :) lol lol or something for that you can ask me lol lol
Okay people i have had the same problem that you all have been having "how do i remove messenger beta"?

To get rid of eg Windows Live Beta 9 you will not be able to do this via add remove programs on Xp ect.

"When you 1st installed messenger 9 you had to click on that insalation engine an let it run to ya pc, to rid of beta you still need that installer engine that was on your desktop understand.

You Have to.....

1. find it.

2. If you deleted it get it of the site you downloaded it on last!

3. That launch engine is on you desktop right click on it as if you wanted options for it, an in the drop list menu you should find unistall an it will get rid of messenger beata!!!!

Hope that helped you
Thanks a lot man!!! I wouldn't find it at any case... it is so stupid all this story with the istaller...
thank you thank youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

you are amazing BRILLIANT

finally i found the solution thanks to you

and thanks for this info

keep the good working
Use control panel->add/remove programs->uninstall windows components ->choose ur application to uninstall.

or

Use "TuneUP Utilities" to remove...........
follow this i did it and it worked

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=AhfoJRJFQIo5nmI6ILqjzs0jzKIX;_ylv=3?qid=20081206102142AA4XecY

follow what the best answer said :D

hope this helps
Mee too..it only installs the beta mail. the old messenger is alott better, this 9 beta is so confusing i was lost lol!!! and you cant have the messenger plus wxstention =[ Argh!!! ???
Hi there is a very simple way to uninstall this file.

If you download this file i have scanned it to make sure there is no viruses it is clear.
https://download.cnet.com/
once you have done that install it this software is free and needs no registration or codes.

Then simply find it and click uninstall.

Once you have got past this i suggest that you uninstall this software from your add or remove programms in control pannel any more help needed please feel free to emal me
july > Michael
Nov 29, 2008 at 11:00 AM
hey machael thanks for that excellent program.
beth > Michael
Dec 15, 2008 at 11:54 AM
hi i have so many popups fromwindows live it`s crazy helpme get it off thx beh
Bef > Michael
Dec 16, 2008 at 02:05 PM
Cheers Michael that was so useful
zazzeretti > Michael
Dec 21, 2008 at 07:33 AM
Hi Michael, unfortunately as I click on the link the result is that the page is not found... by any chance, do you know any other links?!!? please, my messenger beta is driving me crazy!!!!

thank you!
Oh, my, gosh, You cannot believe how happy I am at the moment!
:D
I don't need to format my pc!
:D
I do agree that Beta softwares have very limited support and can even corrupt your system. But little did I ever imagine that Microsoft would ship out a Beta release of Windows Live Messenger without an Uninstaller!! Yes - the latest Windows Live Messenger 2009 Beta comes without an UnInstaller.

For some strange reason, after installing the Windows Live Messenger 2009 Beta - I was getting an error called 8000ffff - I tried many solutions posted online but in vain. Finally, I felt my Messenger 8.1 was much better and there my hunt for the uninstaller began. I searched high and low but in vain.

Finally, I found an easy method to Uninstall Windows Live Messenger 2009 Beta. Goto Start > Run and type the following command and press enter - this starts the uninstaller.

msiexec /x {B1403D7D-C725-4858-AACC-7E5FA2D72859}

How funny?

Btw, for the other Live Beta softwares - here are the codes to uninstall.

To UnInstall Windows Live Mail Beta Easily
msiexec /x {DFD6935E-D94A-4DBE-AD8F-E37CBC6B577F}

To UnInstall Windows Live Toolbar Beta Easily
msiexec /x {5524A0D4-F826-4961-9B53-EFF6C615251B}

To UnInstall Windows Live Writer Beta Easily
msiexec /x {AC5568AB-C3E3-490E-BE40-50977C12288D}

To Uninstall Windows Live Photo Gallery Beta Easily
msiexec /x {F6D0986F-D9A8-479B-A80F-61D53CDF65BA}

To Uninstall Windows Live Family Safety Beta Easily
msiexec /x {3491D278-AF52-4A0E-A1F5-D1A57B4F2222}
HI! CAN ANYONE HELP ME? I USE WINDOWS VISTA. I INSTALL WINDOWS LIVE MESSENGER BUT IT MAKES MY PC WORK SLOW AND I DO NOT WANT IT ANY MORE. I UNINSTALL IT MANY TIMES BUT I CANNOT INSTALL ANY OTHER MESSENGER. I CANNOT UNDERSTAND WHY? I CAN INSTALL ONLY WINDOWS LIVE MESSENGER BETA AGAIN. I`LL BE VERY HAPY IF SOMEONE CAN HELP ME. THANKS SO MUCH!!!
v0rticist > amk
Jan 7, 2009 at 04:05 AM
HI,

Thanks Buddy .. that really help me a lot " msiexec /x {B1403D7D-C725-4858-AACC-7E5FA2D72859} ",
Once again thanks a lot.

regards,
v0rticist
Can anyone tell me how I can uninstall windows live beta 9. I am using vista and I have tried everything. When i try msiexec /x {B1403D7D-C725-4858-AACC-7E5FA2D72859} it says that the program isnt installed but in add remove programs it is still installed.
When I try to uninstall it in add remove programs vista asks 4 permission and i give it permission and it gets out of it. When I try to install a new version the same thing happens. Vista asks for permission which I give and then it gets out of the installation.
I really don't want to reformat my computer. Can anyone help???
If u hav windows xp go oan to contol panel and then add or remove programs then delete windows beta and then re install but then u myt have to re insatll window live messenger plus
hi 2 make mesenga plus live comparible wiv live 9 clik get mesenga plus live 7.0 now 4 live 9 its now availible
very confused =[
Jan 4, 2009 at 08:51 AM
heyyyyyyy...im so confused i tried to uninstall windows live messenger 9 to re install msnger 8.5 its so much beta i tried going on to control panel, ad or remove programs but wlm9 is not in there...wa do i do ....???
saimum > very confused =[
Jan 7, 2009 at 02:10 PM
Hey sweetie, i have a solution for your problem, why don't you call me to... haha just kidding go to this page: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/290301 and there is a downloadable program there (windows clean up), download the program, install it, then run it (it should be on the start menu programs). A window is going to appear with a list, look for 'windows live messenger' and select REMOVE. After that, install another version of live messenger that it is not 2009 beta (altrough theres a beta version that does work) and you should be able to sign in
fizz > saimum
Feb 14, 2009 at 06:27 PM
wooow this actually worked

thanks
louby > saimum
Feb 22, 2009 at 01:11 PM
-----
thanks saimum, worked for me (xp 64) but my problem wasn't the beta, it was 14.0.8050.1202, and it wouldn't let me update to the newest version 14.0.8064.206
so for anyone with my specs try the Windows Install Cleanup, found at the windows support website as mentioned by saimum, it was fast and easy.
So thanks again!
-----
go to My Computer > Program Files > Windows Live > Installer > click the installer again and it will give you an "uninstall" and "repair" option

:)
man........................
really, you're my hero , i tried all the steps above but nothing worked except your's .
THANKS A LOT
Hey, I tried typing in msiexec /x {B1403D7D-C725-4858-AACC-7E5FA2D72859}
but i keep getting this message saying 'this action is only valid for products that are currently installed' Before, I did screw around a bit, deleting the Windows Live Folder and all that junk. But I installed the program again, then tried typing it in, but it doesnt work :c
gen , it's like what happened to me 'this action is only valid for products that are currently installed' .but then i tried BW02 which is posted on Monday December 15, 2008 11:00:29 PM and it did worked , so maybe you should try it too.

GOOD LUCK
this didn't work for me, going into the installer folder and clicking on installer again. nothing came up? can you please let me know any other ways to do it? i have tried EVERY SINGLE THING on this topic and it doesn't work. the typing the thing in run said it was only valid with installed programs or something. the guys installer didn't download and nothing else worked :(
sorry to be a pain but can SOMEONE let me know how to do it in very simple steps?
i'm only 14! lol
weesam > Kayleigh
Jan 8, 2009 at 08:36 AM
well guys , i would really like to help you , but what i did is that i tried BW02 trick and that' it. all the above didn't work for me , though it did with other and i don't know how .................
so good luck with removing this thing
I Uninstalled Windows Live Messenger Beta but i can't reinstall Windows Live Messenger 8.5 which is much more better! I'vr got error for not having the Windows Live Suite... w/e that is, i'm smokin pissed off finding it hard to get rid off Beta and getting back my 8.5version! Lesson learnt! Never try Beta unless you've backuped your files! :@
hey so can u reinstall back ur windows live messenger 8.5 after u had uninstalled 9.0?
i want windows live messenger back not the messenger 9 beta
nonickrequired
Dec 16, 2008 at 03:01 PM
from smoking frog:

"to uninstall messenger 9 beta , start->run and type msiexec /x {B1403D7D-C725-4858-AACC-7E5FA2D72859}"

you are great man, it works fine. thanks a lot
Micheal thank you very much, u made my day :)