Change vista to xp in pavilion dv 4

Solved/Closed
san - Oct 16, 2008 at 01:39 PM
 kunmun - Oct 30, 2009 at 11:56 PM
Hello,
how to change vista to xp in pavilion dv 4? please help anyone.
Related:

25 responses

I have successfully installed Windows XP SP2 32-bit (then upgraded to SP3) on a HP Pavilion DV4 1275mx which originally came with Windows Vista 64-bit. (furthermore.. I have a Vista64/XP32/Ubuntu32 tri-boot.)

I have ALL drivers working - video, sound, wired network, wireless network, SD card reader, bluetooth, and accelerometer (protects against HD being damaged when dropped).

Note: The only one that is NOT loaded is the ACPI driver which handles sleep/hibernation/screen dimming/fan speed adjustment. If anyone has a solution to that please let me know. Its actually a fairly minor issue.

I cannot post a quick 'do it this way'. I've hacked and modified drivers from other manufacturers and OSes to create working ones for the DV4, which I'm very sure I can't post due to copyrights and EULAs. THESE ARE NOT AVAILABLE ANYWHERE ON THE WEB. At the risk of sounding like a tech support douche, I highly recommend sticking with Vista.

If you're set on converting to XP, I can make it happen, but I need to see some interest before I take the time to post a VERY lengthy tutorial on how to get all these drivers together and hacked to work. Reply if you want it. If I get enough interest, I'll write it up.
omg you are the person I need to be speeking to then because I have tried everything and I mean everything I have tried like 35 different xp versions i've spent money read page after page of stuff that was supposed to take care of my problem and keep comming up short I can't even get mine to go past the setup on the xp disks it blue screens I tried alot of different achi controller hard drive drivers i'm lost all I want is to go back to xp pro because vista is junk just my opion Krylar please help me I spent all that money and I have a paper weight now took me 2 months to pick it out I love the laptop it is sweet just hate vista at factory default has 80 processes running holy crap that's way to many it would be nice if you have got yahoo messenger or msn then maybe you could send me the files I need then walk me through it might be easier for you then making a tutorial well hope you can help one way or another thanks for taking the time to post that I do have hope lol and if you can do it I should be able to get xp on this baby
Krylar > dragon
Feb 25, 2009 at 08:43 PM
Whoa there.. punctuation is your friend. Periods. Multiple sentences.

Anyway, this is a VERY lengthy process. Expect to devote the better part of a day. I spent four doing it from scratch. I'll be writing it up soon, stay tuned. I'll have a tutorial by .. let's say Sunday. Also note that I've done this for the 1275mx and it may not work for other models, but hey, I guess it's worth a shot.
dragon > Krylar
Feb 26, 2009 at 06:22 AM
Sorry about that I was in a hurry. I didn't think about what I was typing. But thank you for taking the time to help us that is very nice of you.
hello there
i have a big problem with Hp pavilio DV7-1150ev same as you they have from bios only suport for vista OS I try with nlite and with iastor.inf drivers to make new cd with windows xp pro.. but the problem is one blue screen after the message windows start

i read many posts over here and i'm really confused much

how can I solve my problem??

regards and thank you
Krylar > vatzgr
Feb 26, 2009 at 10:34 PM
Different model.. different hardware.. different drivers. Can't help ya there, sorry. It would take days to locate and rebuild drivers for another model and I have no idea if it would even be possible without looking into it. If I had an infinite amount of time..... ;-) Good luck.
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,830
Oct 16, 2008 at 02:53 PM
First check the HP site to see if they provide drivers for XP for your exact model (there a 192 models of the dv 4). Without drivers you have a major problem with the conversion to Win XP.

follow this link: http://h20180.www2.hp.com/apps/Lookup?h_lang=en&h_cc=us&cc=us&h_page=hpcom&lang=en&h_client=S-A-R163-1&h_pagetype=s-002&h_query=pavilion+dv+4&submit.x=7&submit.y=7

If you still want to convert - follow HP instructions to burn a backup/reinstall DVD for Vista - buy Windows XP (that itself may be hard) - download and burn to CD all XP drivers -
set the laptop to boot from the CD/DVD drive and restart with the XP CD inserted. Follow all instructions to wipe the hard disk and install XP. Then install the drivers you downloaded.
i did , but I cant find the sound driver T_T
Chupacabra > kamuz
Dec 17, 2008 at 09:29 AM
Did you manage to install XP on your HP Pavilion 4? I cannot find a way around the sata controller. I have tried adding drivers to the XP installation file but no luck. I cant turn it off in the BIOS either. Keep getting an error screen. Not that it cant find the HDD, just an error, blue screen.

Any help would be appreciated,

Thanks
kumar > Chupacabra
Dec 28, 2008 at 06:02 PM
hey..
could you downgrade your pavilion from vista to xp?
i also try to do the same and getting the same problem.
i dont know what to do...
hi dv4 1131tx laptop I have installed window xp but sound is not coming but I have instlled driver but sound is notc oming
sachindevil Posts 2 Registration date Thursday January 8, 2009 Status Member Last seen January 8, 2009 4 > bala
Jan 8, 2009 at 06:11 PM
hi bala

i just got a dv4 1131tx and now m stuck with vista. Pls help me out with installing xp on the system. I hav tried almost every thing that I could google.

the bios does not hav any option related to native SATA SUPPORT

slipstreamin also does not work

and I do not hav a usb floppy drive

i need the laptop to work on my projects in jsp etc. so I basically do not require sound or other things. What I do need is a fast system. and Vista is making it reall slow. So pls help me out.
Thnx

Sachin.
Hi,

I have recently bought HP Pavilion DV4 1204TU preloaded with Vista. I tried to install XP by Slipstreaming SATA drivers got from one of the forums. I was able to install the XP but when I tried to boot the same in normal mode it is hanging. It keeps on displaying the welcome screen and nothing hapens after that.

I am able to successfully boot and run the machine in Safe mode but some how it is giving trouble in normal mode. Can anyone tell me what could be the root cause. Also, can anyone let me know where I can find the XP drivers for this machine (including SATA).

Thanks and regards,

Jassi
change vista to xp in pavilion dv2000.
i want 2 change my xp drive in to vista drive

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
chiblinx Posts 7 Registration date Sunday February 22, 2009 Status Member Last seen May 11, 2009 1
Feb 23, 2009 at 08:43 AM
The introduction of Windows vista has caused numerous challenges in the computer world. From consuming of computer memory, software incompatibility and others including the challenge of trying to downgrade you laptop or desktop from windows vista to windows xp.

Firstly, power your computer and enter the BIOS setup. For most motherboards the button to enter the BIOS is F1, F2, F10, and DELETE
When you turn on your laptop or desktop computer, keep pressing these buttons one will take you to the BIOS. Then inside the BIOS setup utility, locate "Sata native support" under system configuration, and then disable it. Press f10 to save and exit the BIOS setup.

Insert windows xp cd in the cd rom drive. Restart the computer and set it to boot from cd rom drive. For some computer F12, esc, F10 will take you to the boot menu select the cd rom drive and hit the enter button windows xp installation process starts. Install windows xp the way you normally do it.

you can get more details from http://online-computer-repairs.blogspot.com/...

if you dont know how to install windows xp you can also get info here http://online-computer-repairs.blogspot.com/...
Finally, I was able to install Windows XP in my DV4-1275mx! I have all devices working, except sound, bluetooth, the remote control and the card reader, but I think those drivers are available.
Dragon_ Posts 32 Registration date Sunday February 22, 2009 Status Member Last seen March 19, 2009
Mar 11, 2009 at 08:51 AM
how did you get xp on it andy?
andy22584 > Dragon_ Posts 32 Registration date Sunday February 22, 2009 Status Member Last seen March 19, 2009
Mar 11, 2009 at 09:03 AM
I got a regular XP SP3 and integrated the SATA drivers from:

http://driverpacks.net/DriverPacks

The ones for MassStorage. I used nLite to integrate them to XP and simply booted it. It took a few minutes (with the screen completelly black) before I see the blue screen asking in which paritition I wanted to install it. The it was just the usual.

As I said before, it takes some time, and the first screen I saw was the one to select the partition. It never asked me anything before. So, be patient.

About the drivers, as I said before, there are a few missing. I found a post in another forum with the drivers for the DV4-1225, which, according to HP, the hardware is the same. I will test them tonight.
CHRISLNGUYEN Posts 4 Registration date Tuesday March 10, 2009 Status Member Last seen March 11, 2009 > andy22584
Mar 11, 2009 at 09:09 AM
i did what you did for the driverpacks... and windows would pass installation but when I reboot the notebook... it seems like its locking up. I get stuck at the windows xp screen when it reboots? why?
andy22584 > CHRISLNGUYEN Posts 4 Registration date Tuesday March 10, 2009 Status Member Last seen March 11, 2009
Mar 11, 2009 at 09:24 AM
I have no idea why it does that, I rebooted mine several times after installing each device and it was OK. Maybe if you try with a different XP disc.
alice > andy22584
Mar 27, 2009 at 08:31 AM
Hey andy,

where did you see the post for dv4-1225 drivers? I have everything running except for the display brightness control and I am having some sound card issues. Also, a driver updater program is telling me that AMD SATA AHCI controller is missing. When I tried to install a program utilizing SQL database, XP totally crashed, and I had to re-clock it. Does it have to do something with the AHCI controller?

Thanks for some tips,

alice
Hello,
Friends,
I have install win 2003 server to my toshiba laptop now I want to install window wista through my recovery disc.
in can anybody tell me is it possible to install vista home premium through recovery disc in the partion like in E Drive please guide me to resolve this problem.

Regards,
AR
Still I am not able to find the Sound and Video Driver for my HP Pavallion DV4 1318tu Lap after installing Windows XP. Please help me if any one did the same.
Hi,i want to downgrade my dv4-1409TU to xp.but I cant even find it driver.Can any 1 pls post me the direct link?
Pls reply me ASAP.Ty a lot.
Guys........don't think to buy this laptop.....i have just recently bought it...it's a waste of money....cos Hp has vanished the Xp support option from BIOS ...so we can't able to install Xp in it....
don't go for this laptop....
otherwise...you'll be in deep trouble....
anyways....
all the best...for those who has already bought it....just bear with it....
hi
if u got any information
pls fw to me
changing from vista to xp is a downgrade according to windows, I wiped my hard drive with dban, it's free, then I installed windows xp no problem, now I'm look for drivers. If you use dban you lose everything.
BANDIT > amy257
Feb 22, 2009 at 06:07 AM
if u got all the drivers for ur laptop working, just reply please.
BANDIT > amy257
Feb 22, 2009 at 06:19 AM
Hello amy257,
i can sort out ur driver problems. I have successfully installed Xp and loaded all the drivers.
if u can tell ur Notebook number, I can provide u all the links and how to install the drivers for ur laptop.

Regards.

BANDIT
Krylar > BANDIT
Feb 22, 2009 at 01:45 PM
Need the SATA driver for HP Pavilion DV4 - 1275mx 'Entertainment Notebook PC' for installation of Windows XP. Thanks in advance.
Stuart > BANDIT
Feb 23, 2009 at 01:50 AM
Hi bandit...would appreciate you getting the drivers for my DV4.

Which computer number do you require as there are several on the underside
of my laptop.
regards
Stuart
Please do!!
cameron402 Posts 3 Registration date Friday March 6, 2009 Status Member Last seen March 8, 2009
Mar 7, 2009 at 12:28 PM
I HOPE THIS MIGHT BE CAN HELP YOU :) HERE IS DOWNLOAD LINK,IF NOT WORK TEXT ME :CAMERON

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=ob-68461-1&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&lang=en&os=2093&product=3858776

File name:
sp42277.exe, (1/1 , 1.75M)

By downloading, you agree to the terms and conditions of the HP software licensing agreement
» HP software licensing agreement.

Released: 2009-01-20
Version: 1.0.0.46 A
Compatibility: Microsoft Windows Vista, Microsoft Windows Vista (64-bit), Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium (64-bit), Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate (64-bit), Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium (32-bit), Microsoft Windows Vista Business (32-bit), Microsoft Windows Vista Home Basic (32-bit)
System requirements: No additional prerequisites

Description: This package contains the driver for the HP Integrated Digital TV Tuner in the supported notebook models and operating systems.

Enhancements: Fixes an issue where the system stops responding (hangs) when conducting common scenarios with the built-in TV tuner.
Dragon_ Posts 32 Registration date Sunday February 22, 2009 Status Member Last seen March 19, 2009
Mar 9, 2009 at 02:17 AM
Need the SATA driver for HP Pavilion DV4 - 1275mx 'Entertainment Notebook PC' for installation of Windows XP. Thanks in advance.
Dragon_, I believe the following file contains the SATA drivers, I do have a 1275 mx but they didn't work. As you, I'm waiting for Krylar's tutorial on how to install XP.

http://rapidshare.com/files/137659061/DP_MassStorage_wnt5_x86-32_805.rar

Pass: taringa.net
Mar 9, 2009 at 01:51 PM
Maybe he has been busy with his school work like finals or something. Hope he does good yeah i'll just wait for Krylar. I'm sure he will get to it sooner or later.
Mar 11, 2009 at 09:21 AM
Did you have to go through every file an integrate the SATA drivers? Andy sorry to keep asking but i'm very new to all of this nlite stuff and I have made like 10 or 15 coasters lol. That did not work I just don't want to make another thanks in advance.
No, not all! In fact, when you download the file, you'll get a ".ini" file and a folder called "D". Just follow any tutorial on how to integrate them into the XP, but, when you choose which driver to install, choose MULTIPLE DRIVER FOLDER. So, the only thing you have to do is select that folder called "D" and integrate them in text mode.
To avoid burning useless cds, I'm using a CD-RW disc. Try that.
Mar 11, 2009 at 09:51 AM
Right on thanks alot hope the drivers you found work. Thanks for your help bro ttyl peace.
Mar 12, 2009 at 06:15 AM
well I tried what you said andy and I still get the blue screen of death blahhhhh.
I did it. I have WinXP running, all devices working perfectly. I also found the correct driver for the SATA HDD. I have all drivers required, but I still get 8 devices UNKNOWN. Anyway, video, sound, bluetooth, card reader, webcam, quicklaunch buttons, remote control, modem, WLAN and ethernet drivers tested. I also got the HDMI drivers (but I don't have a HDMI TV to test it). I will try to make it work with XP 64bit edition. So I can take advantage of the 4 gbs of RAM (by default, the video card takes 700 mbs and the OS will only recongnize 2.75 Gbs)
Tonight at home, I'll see if I can upload the SATA drivers for th dv4-1275mx (not tested with others) so you can integrate them to the XP CD.
juce > andy22584
Apr 21, 2009 at 01:02 PM
I NEED this sata driver for the dv4-1275mx laptop Very Badly for a customer at our work.
please send to - aplejuce@gmail.com
if it gets it working, I may be able to persuade work to compensate you!! thanks!!!
-andrew
epfreire > andy22584
May 19, 2009 at 12:12 PM
Hi friend, could you please share with me your sound drivers? I'll really apreciate if you do. Thank you
epfreire > andy22584
May 19, 2009 at 12:16 PM
body, my email is epfreire@gmail.com
Please share your drivers
Mar 12, 2009 at 01:36 PM
I did everything you said andy do I have to have vista still on it? Because I wiped it like another forum said to do this sucks so bad I don't understand why hp couldn't have just made it backwards compatible. And have drivers for it to what's the big deal why they got to make it so hard to put what you want on something you buy I don't get it.
Mar 13, 2009 at 06:52 PM
this sucks I must be doing something wrong. Because I still get the blue screen where did you get your xp sp3 at maybe that's my problem andy?
Mar 14, 2009 at 09:42 AM
i hope someone can help me I have tried alot of of different xp's and them sata drivers andy told me to download and I am still getting a blue screen I have the dv4-1275mx laptop this is driving me nuts bad I have tried everything I can think of I just can't catch a break for some reason the same thing that worked for andy won't work for me i'm beginning to think I will never get xp on my brand new laptop I hap no idea I was going to have this much trouble or I wouldn't have bout a hp not right that they didn't make it to where we could just install xp just like any other computer I have used well hope someone can help me because I realy need it bad thanks in advance peace
This is the correct SATA driver. Use any guide on the net to integrate them into XP. When nLite asks you, choose the one that says x86 ONLY. If you cannot do it whit this driver, I don't know what you can do about it. Any way, I rolled back to Vista Ultimate 64.
If you manage to intall XP, then send a message, I'll upload the drivers for XP as well.

http://rapidshare.com/files/209260452/SATA.rar.html
Dragon_ Posts 32 Registration date Sunday February 22, 2009 Status Member Last seen March 19, 2009 > andy22584
Mar 14, 2009 at 11:02 PM
Thanks so much Andy that one worked perfect now all I need is the drivers hope to see you post them soon.
andy22584 > Dragon_ Posts 32 Registration date Sunday February 22, 2009 Status Member Last seen March 19, 2009
Mar 18, 2009 at 08:20 AM
Better later than never. These are the drivers I used for my DV4- 1275mx. I owe you the bluetooth drivers, but you can find them in the HP website.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ZIF9IHS0
heme > andy22584
Mar 25, 2009 at 10:40 PM
Hi Andy,

wich specifically driver did you use for de hdd, and how did you integrated it

i've been trying with diferent ones using nLite to integrate them to a WXP SP3

thanks
Huterfi > andy22584
Mar 31, 2009 at 08:44 PM
Do you have another link for the SATA Drivers for the dv4-1275mx? Thanks.