My desktop computer will not start

Solved
sg - Oct 19, 2008 at 12:03 AM
 baba - Dec 12, 2015 at 12:26 AM
Hello,
my desktop computer will not power up. I am not sure what to do. I took it to best buy and the technician opened the case and checked the power supply and it checked out fine. he powered it up and it was fine. I asked them to do a diagnostic test and left it with them. after a week I stopped by to pick up the pc. however, when I went to pick it up they said they were unable to complete the test because it would not would not power up. the technician (who helped me the last time) was able to power it up on the spot and was not clear why the other technician was unable to start it. he gave me my money back on the diagnostic test and told me to take it home b/c it was fine and should work. he suggested that I back it up and re-format the harddrive to avoid future issues. well, when I got home, it did not work. I still can not power up the pc. when I press the power button, absolutely nothing happens (i.e., no fan, no power, nothing). can you please help me?
Related:

7 responses

well first take out your RAM and clean the golden strips with a soft cloth or rub gentely with eraser
also check your power button to see if it is working or not or simply replace it with reset button ( just exchange the reset and power button wires ) happened to me once my power button was faulty and I thought my motherboard was gone ...
dont always trust the pc technicians they my jusy try to loot u