The Dell Inspiron Black Screen Problem

Closed
fisherking - Apr 9, 2010 at 12:05 PM
 Dave - Apr 15, 2010 at 08:16 PM
Ok, So last night I was working on my computer like normal and I closed it and tryed to get on it and had the black screen. I tried the solutions of pulling the battery and let the power cord from it.... It sounds like the computer wants to start up but it turns itself off after a coupke of seconds... any one know what the problem might be... I am tryig to leave it powerless for some time and see about putting the power back to it later this afternoon.... I am worried it could be a virus.... Can anyone help me please... this is my life and I don't want to have to spend large sums of money to get it fixed... thank you!
Related:

2 responses

globalbattery Posts 3 Registration date Sunday April 11, 2010 Status Member Last seen April 19, 2010
Apr 12, 2010 at 12:16 AM
Is it still under warranty? Yes it is, I bought it with an extended warranty which is good till sometime in 2010. Obviously if this is indeed a hardware problem I will have to send it back to Dell and get it fixed under warranty. But what if it's just a software/driver or bios problem? I guess the best thing to do would be to give Dell a call and see what they have to say. Maybe they have come across this problem before who knows? Just thought some bright minds here may have an idea what might be wrong.

also you can do this:
* 1) TAKE OUT YOUR LAPTOP BATTERY
* 2) REMOVE YOUR AC ADAPTOR CORD, that's the wall power, remove it.
* 3) NOW HOLD DOWN THE POWER BUTTON FOR 30 SECONDS

That will drain any static electricity that has built up on your laptop system board and many times fixes the problem of a black screen. After the 30 seconds re-connect your laptop to the wall power and hit the power button normally and see if the laptop comes back up.
Replace your battery.
Same thing happened to me. On restart you can see screen until final boot into windows then it goes black. Press F8 on start up go into safe mode go to add and remove program and once in remove driver for video restart and it should be fixed, you will then need to download another driver as yours is corrupted.COULD BE CAUSED BY A VIRUS. I haven't checked that far