Pendrive File system Chaged to RAW from

Solved/Closed
Jayjit - Oct 20, 2008 at 06:49 AM
 SHAQ - Oct 10, 2012 at 03:36 PM
Hello,

I recently purchased a 40 gb pendrive (Kingston) . I tried to format it, but during formatting its file system changed into RAW from NTFS and not formatted at all. It is not opening at all, showing the "disk is not formatted". When I am triyng to format it in NTFS it is showing pendrive cannot be formatted. I have also tried HP USB disk storage format tool 2.06 but it still not working in any format NTFS, FAT or FAT32.

Please helpme to overcome this problem.

Jayjit Majumdar
Related:

6 responses

go to control panel
go to administrative tools
go to computer management
go to disk management on the selected drive right click then format
next select on the file system fat32
it is the best for that
ok
thank you
my drear friend
dear praveen,

I tried your solution but it didnt work do u have anyother solution plz help me out....

Email Id removed for security
thank youuuuuuu
Many thanks to you. It fix my problem.
thanx yo,, I did the way u told ,,m really thankful to u on helping me to fix that problem..thanx buddy
i tried it but it cannot even format the drive
Hello,

I recently purchased a 8 gb pendrive (Kingston) . I tried to format it, but during formatting its file system changed into unknown and not formatted. It is not opening at all, showing the "insert disk ".
cahyonegoro Posts 3 Registration date Wednesday December 17, 2008 Status Member Last seen December 17, 2008
Dec 17, 2008 at 08:21 PM
I have the same problem with you! my pendrive is 4gb transcend and its become raw format! did you found the solution. plese send me the solution at Email Id removed for security thanks
i have same problem.in my pendrive the file system is changed to unknown file system.and there is no free space shown in the pen drive.

if u have the solution to create a file system from unknown to other then please reply me.
I recently purchased a 1 gb pendrive (trencend) . I tried to format it, but during formatting its file system changed into unknown and not formatted. It is not opening at all, showing the "insert disk ".
Hi
Just go to My Computer.right click on Manage.Then click on Disk Management.In the bottom tab you can see your pendrive.click on it get a new partiotion using NTFS.
for any other clarification can mail me at Email Id removed for security directly...
Thanks
Chinmaya
Hi
Just go to My Computer.right click on Manage.Then click on Disk Management.In the bottom tab you can see your pendrive.click on it get a new partiotion using NTFS.

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
higherex90 Posts 15 Registration date Wednesday September 24, 2008 Status Member Last seen May 12, 2009 1
Oct 20, 2008 at 09:25 AM
hello,

just try to get a software called parted magic. its linux based and you should easily format the pen drive there.

alternatively what you can do is to try to get a pc loaded with linux on and then format it there
Go to control panel
go to disk management on the selected drive right click then format
next select on the file system fat32
it is the best for that

Thank you all my Friends

Abhijeet
It is not wroking... tell me another way...plz
some step same as above:
go to control panel
go to disk management

now, if you see an unallocated disk which would b yur pd,
right click that "unallocated"
then click create "new volume" or just like that.
now a wizard will be start ........in b/w you will be asked to format ......format in fat 32 file sys.