How to delete write protected files from pen

Solved/Closed
Abhi - Oct 22, 2008 at 12:20 AM
 mandy - Oct 14, 2015 at 05:53 AM
Hello,

I have Kingston pen drive . I am unable to delete files in it . When I am trying to delete file the message is displayed " write protection" . please help me on it .. In the pen drive I have only PDF printed file , I want to delete it .
Related:

34 responses

starsailors.me Posts 24 Registration date Friday August 15, 2008 Status Member Last seen May 19, 2009 12
Oct 22, 2008 at 06:50 AM
hello,

there is surely a lock button on the pen and just try to locate it on the pen you should disable it. or else if there isnt that option just try to format it in windows
I have 8 GB Transient Pendrive it is write protected files from pen , why I delete this option , kindly may be guide please.
salim > Neeraj
Dec 6, 2008 at 02:25 AM
How to delete write protected files from pen I have very big problam plz help me
tell me the procedure to delete the protected files(mp3 songs).in my transcend company pendrive..
syam > Neeraj
Dec 20, 2008 at 01:47 AM
hi
I have a big problem to Remove the write-protection or use another disk, my pen drive is transient 8 gb , please help me, and u have to any guide this solution thats my contact: 09989592789, i'm from INDIA
THANKING U SIR
REGARDS,
SYAM
kishan > salim
Dec 25, 2008 at 10:45 AM
how to delete write protected files from pen drive for kingston 32gb
- Start > Run > type 'regedit' (without the speachmarks) > Enter
- Single-click on 'My Computer' > File > Export > save it to the Desktop (Always best to have a backup!!)
- Go to the following:
My Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\Curre... olicies
*There seems to be some spaces here in 'StorageDevicePolicies' in the text above, there shouldn't be, OK*
- Double click on the string 'WriteProtect' and change the 'Value Data' box to '0'
- Then: File > Export > save somewhere useful as something like 'StorageDevicePolicies001.reg'
- You also need to do this for the strings in any folders called 'ControlSet***' (* = any Digit, i.e. 001, 002) - for example: Everything is the same, just change 'CurrentControlSet' to 'ControlSet***'
My Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\Contr... ies
*There seems to be some spaces here in 'StorageDevicePolicies' in the text above, there shouldn't be, OK*
- Save these to the same place as before as 'StorageDevicePolicies00*'

The saves are in case it reverts at a later date, just double click (saying 'yes' to importing these to the registry) on all of the files and it will all work again!....
ok dude try it I found it.... ...****
http://www.apacer.com/en/support/downloads/Repair_v2.9.1.1.zip

Very effective tool!!

I USED THIS ON MY KINGSTON 4 GB
thanks....thanks a lot !
thx........... this is very effective tool... I formatted my datatraveler
hi,

me too having the same problem.
MINE is a transcend 8 gb pen drive(TS8GJFV10), when I tried running the repair tool which you suggested, it keeps telling "USB flash disk not found". can you suggest me some other method for solving this problem. please do reply

My id :Email Id removed for security
Thanks ,
.... Thanks a lot

great help ,

Vey powerful Tool .
lot of thx I was facing this problem from many months thx..god bless u>> thx
i have a 2gb pan drive how can we remove the write protect option my pan drive plz reply me . Thanks

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
Hi sir,
I have a big problem, How to delete write protected files from pen I have very big problam plz help me sir,
regards
syam
Hello,

I have Kingston pen drive . I am unable to delete files in it . When I am trying to delete file the message is displayed " write protection" . please help me on it .. In the pen drive I have only PDF printed file , I want to delete it .
I HAVE KINGSTON PEN DRIVE 32GB. IN MY PEN THERE IS A RIGHT PROTECTED DOC . PLZ LET ME KNOW HOW TO DELETE IT
I am having 4gb transcend pendrive...
when I am format that pen drive, it will not format,
because it having protected data.. so please give me suggestions for how to format...
i have 8 gb pen drive and when I tried to format it it says that it is write protected and cannot format it. please reply me.
Mahesh.d.jaya
Jan 2, 2009 at 03:11 AM
how to use that tool? In my PC iT saying "USB Flash Disk not found" only please help me. Thanks--
Click On The Files Go To Properties Turn Read Only Of Apply Restart Pc (Rccomended) After Start Up Go Back To The Files And Delete Them Post All Comments To Email Id removed for security
Thank you. Repair_v2.9.1.1 solved my 2 GB USB Flush Disks problem.
Hello,

I have Kingston 32GB pen drive . I am unable to delete files in it . When I am trying to delete file the message is displayed " write protection" . I Can't Be Copy/Past Data in Pen Drive, please help me on it .. I want to delete it .
I have Kingston 32GB pen drive . I am unable to delete files in it which contains +&-. When I am trying to delete file the message is displayed " Cannot read from source file and disk" . I Cannot Be Copy/Past Data in Pen Drive,but after opening the folder it shows +and - for all folder and o bytes capacity,if it is mp3 or movie I cannot open those files. while installing which you have provided in above link it shows "USB flash disk not found".please help me on it .. I want to delete it and run those movies please please.. .
you can format your device using ms dos or from window 98 dos prompt

open your device and format it
hi!
i already try to format my usb from write protected using window but still it cant be formated. is there any software that I can use to solve the problem?
rply me..
Hey... The Apacer link is asking for a username password to download the software. Can some1 please post it here if possible.

Would be of immense help....
thnxxx.4 tht toool...its really vry effective
Thanks for the post to that USB flash drive formatter - worked great and restored functionality to my pen drive.

I had the write protect issue after I got hit with virus (would put system.exe and autorun.inf on the root of the pen drive). It would continue to write those files to it a few seconds after I deleted it. Anyway, all is well now.

Thanks!!!
how solution for my kingston 4 giga flash drive which write protected?
http://www.apacer.com/en/support/downloads/Repair_v2.9.1.1.zip

it very nice forme this program ^-^'
mynameishiddenforever
May 12, 2009 at 12:46 PM
There is a lock, it is usually very small.You have to shift the lock into the right place and insert into your computer .Now you should be able to delete it.
i have asolution fo this...u can format it by a utility then write protection error is not show...7 your pen drive working properly....copy this link to address bar "" http://www.box.net/shared/9hgp81ndgs ""

manneo
The One Who Knows
Dec 10, 2008 at 10:39 AM
When I was having this problem all I had to do was check my pendrive, and see if the switch on the side was on or not. most pendrive have a sercurity or saftey switch on them. make sure its at off if u want to delet or save anything on to them
r u a jack or an ass..da same thing u r blabbering again n again..wat planet are u from in god's name ..buddy..people here are not from 17th century who wont turn on that button dat u r talking bot again n again..if n only f the button existed!!!try to give smthing else..smthing worth using as a tip..
you could remove it from your comp. then back in your comp. if that fails restart your comp. its a lil frustrating but it worked for me. hope this helps