Rkill.com

Closed
sweetambz - Apr 15, 2010 at 08:53 AM
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 - Apr 16, 2010 at 04:59 PM
when i tryed downloading rkill.com it cums up with an eooror message sayin dat my disk might be full or write protected.

PLEASE HELP WHAT SHOULD I DO COZ I AVE TO GET RID OF A VIRUS CALLED SECURITY TOOL.

1 response

Security Tool is a self-proclaimed anti-spyware program, promoted through pop-ups, trojans and malware webites. The Security Tool is promoted just like Windows Police Pro or Green AV ( Antivirus ) 2009. The rogue anti-spyware programs are distributed through websites that simulate virus scans, then the user is told to download the software to clean his PC.

Once installed, the Security Tool will start automatically each time you turn on your PC and log in to Windows. Then it will start scanning your computer and show you a list of fake infections. When you try to clean the infected files, you are prompted to buy the software.

Be careful, don't believe anything this rogue software prompts to you and DO NOT delete the infected files found by it, because those are just legitimate files.

This is how Security Tool looks ( article continues below the image .

get rid of this software, you need MalwareBytes Anti-Malware, a legitimate software that will get you rid of all those rogue applications and malware.

How to remove Security Tool:

Download MalwareBytes Anti-Malware.
Install the mbam-setup.exe file.
To install it, just press next and don't edit any options if you are not sure what you're doing.
After the installation is ready, MalwareBytes Anti Malware will start automatically and will require you to update the software, so just press OK.
Go to the Scan tab, select "Perform Quick Scan" and press "Scan."
MalwareBytes Anti Malware will now scan all your PC for malware, including the Security Tool.
You will see a "The Scan completed successfully. Click `Show Results' to display all objects found" prompt once the scan is finished. Press OK.
Now press "Show Results."
You will see a list of malware applications, including the Rogue.SecurityTool. Be sure to select them all and press "Remove Selected."
After MalwareBytes Anti Malware finishes the cleaning, you can close the program and be sure your PC is clean.

Follow these steps:
Security Tool virus (fake) scan
Security Tool virus (fake) scan

THIS HAPPENED TO ME! I'm not a computer technician nor am I tech smart but with some research and luck, I was able to remove a harmful virus from my computer, all by myself.

My teenager had been on a music sharing website and was tagged by a virus called SECURITY TOOL. What it does is disguise itself as an antivirus program and tricks you into believing its legitimacy by initiating fake scans and spyware alerts to make it look like the real deal. Furthermore it disables your existing antivirus and spyware protection leaving you vulnerable to trust it.

After the program scares you into thinking you have 30 or so infections on your computer, it baits you to purchase SECURITY TOOL immediately to remove the infections. DON'T DO IT! IT'S A SETUP!

There is a hacker on the other end waiting to receive your credit card, bank and personal information to steal your identity.

The following steps can help you to remove the SECURITY TOOL virus.
Difficulty: Moderately Easy
Instructions

Step 1
Shut down computer

Shut down computer

SHUT DOWN THE COMPUTER

If you are unable to shut down your computer normally, hold down the power button until it shuts down.
Step 2
F8 to Advanced Boot Options

F8 to Advanced Boot Options

REBOOT THE COMPUTER + F8

Press key F8, located at the top center of the keyboard, immediately when the computer screen boots up. F8 will take you to a black and white screen named ADVANCED BOOT OPTIONS.
Step 3
Select to Safe Mode With Networking

Select to Safe Mode With Networking

SAFE MODE WITH NETWORKING

Using the direction arrow keys, move the selection bar to SAFE MODE WITH NETWORKING. Press ENTER. You will then be able to access your desktop without interruption from the SECURITY TOOL virus.
Step 4
Spyare Doctor with Antivirus

Spyare Doctor with Antivirus

RUN YOUR ANTIVIRUS PROGRAM...BUT IT MAY NOT BE WORKING PROPERLY

My antivirus program was corrupted by the SECURITY TOOL virus. If yours works, great! Run it and eliminate the virus.

Then your laptop should be free
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,171
Apr 16, 2010 at 04:59 PM
Gervarod!

You took a lot of time to help here, well thank you ever so much and cheers to your health!
Bravo mon ami!