Hp Installer reinstallation plug-in has stop

Solved/Closed
mith51 - Oct 22, 2008 at 11:01 AM
 Lyca - Feb 5, 2010 at 02:09 PM
Hello,
I just got a HP Photosmart C6380 wireless printer and I can't get the software to install. It's keeps giving me that error . I spent about 4 hours on the telephone with hp an they told me IE 8 was stopping the installation. I don't know how to go back to IE 7 can someone help. THANKS
Related:

5 responses

This fixed my problem. Thanks so much!
I had the same problem and you have to go into the uninstall programs in vista, but look to the left and find uninstall updates. then find windows ie8 beta and uninstall it. after I did that the installation went great.

good luck!
its simple to resolve the issue go add and remove programe and uninstall internet explorer 7 or 8 whichever version you have and then uninstall service pack 3 and reboot the computer and reintall the printer sw and it will work.
Will this fix work for Windows XP as well?
Worked great, thanks for the the advice.
Mick

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
This apparently has nothing to do with IE8 vs IE7. I'm running IE7 on Vista Home Premium, and the problem first began to appear last night right after I installed the HP Photosmart C6380 printer software. The problem appear to be the plugins that the HP software installed in the IE browser to enable saving and editing web clips. The uninstall and reinstall of IE7 or IE8 only masks the issue because you are really just uninstalling the plug ins. Same thing with using the Reset option in the Advanced section of the IE config properties... it just disables all plugins, and *poof* the problem goes away.

To fix, in IE, just go to Tools > Manage Add-ons > Enable or Disable Add-ons ... then look for the "HP Smart Select" and "HP Smart BHO Class", select each of them and then select the "Disable" option.

I actually like the software, so perhaps HP will come out with a fix for the issue. Nnote: I ran the HP update program for the Photosmart printer software, but it told me it was up to date.
Just an update here: I found that just doing a simple "Window Update" from the Tools menu of IE 7 downloaded a specific fix for the issue (on Vista). After the patch, I was able to re-enable the previously disabled HP plugins and all was well. I was able to use the webclip software again and no longer got the errors when closing IE.

Peace Y'all
Thanks David! You saved my work!