Solved/Closed
magon7 - Oct 23, 2008 at 01:23 PM
 ACDN - Feb 16, 2013 at 05:13 PM
Hello,
i bough a xbox 360 about 2 years ago

then my cousin bough 1 too

we were about to play with our friends and we cant

well I can but on his xbox says that the connection too the host as ended

and if he enters the game first I cant enter and the same warning happens again?
is it beacouse were using the same internet?

please I need some help :/

thanks for watching

26 responses

This is to anyone who wants to connect two Xbox 360s on one network and have them both on xbox live playing at the same time. And sorry if someone else has posted this elsewhere and this is a repost.

First. Get a good router, perferably linksys since I did this with one.

When you have the router get into the interface of it, ie log on with the ip address (192.168.1.1-- might vary but should be mentioned in the manuel.)

You are going to want to enable the UPnP setting and just to help out, open the port numbers for the xbox, they can be found online with google.

Then comes the fun part. You need to find out the ip address of the 360s, you actually only need one but it's nice to know both just in case.

At this point you need to enable the DMZ feature in the router. It will ask for an IP Address at which just enter one of the Xbox 360.

Save your settings and you should be good to go.

The reason both 360s wont work, or work a short time, is that the router handling the packets doesn't know which 360 to forward them to so comes the problem with it.

By enabling the DMZ you are basically putting one 360 outside your nat network and the router can send the packets to each 360 without any problem.

By the way, lag shouldnt be any problem if you have a decent internet connection.

Enjoy

EDIT: Port triggering does work :
  • the triggering range is 52-54 forward port 53
  • the triggering range is 79-81 forward port 80
  • the triggering range is 87-89 forward port 88
  • the triggering range is 3073-3075 forward port 3074
THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm trying to set up 3 xbox's on one connection but it will only let me sign on one at a time. I have a Linksys Router and tried to the port triggering but the same problem occurred. I put the port numbers in but nothing has changed. I inserted the numbers in the port triggering and the port forwarding sections in numerical order, I don't know if this is right or not but I need help. ANy Suggestions
I've been able to get all 3 online at the same time but all 3 NAT's are moderate. Anyway to make all of them open? FYI 2 of the xbox's are wireless while one is plugged directly into the router.