Partitioned C drive full!

Solved/Closed
Mark - Oct 24, 2008 at 11:43 AM
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 - Oct 24, 2008 at 10:40 PM
Hello,
I have a Sony desktop, with windows XP, the system is 4 years old and the C drive ( 16 GB) is full. I get error messages as well reminding me of this. My D drive (39 GB) is almost empty, I have deleted all I can from my C drive through the add remove programs list. How can I better utilize the D drive and free up space on my C drive?
Thanks
Related:

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Oct 24, 2008 at 10:40 PM
download Advanced WindowsCare for www.iobit.com - install the program and let it update and remove junk files. That will free-up some space and clean your registry and even speed-up your computer.

You can move the Internet Explorer cache to the D drive - go to Tools in internet explorer then INTERNET OPTIONS - THEN BROWSER HISTORY SETTINGS and change space to 50MB and then click on MOVE FOLDER and select the D drive click OK.
When you restart it will move the cache file to the D drive.

Think about moving your DATA files to the D drive. If you have MP3 music files or JPG files from you camera - you can open two explorer windows (side by side) and drag and drop them to the D drive.