Ask a question Report

My pendrive is not detected in pc [Solved/Closed]

roshan - Latest answer on Jul 7, 2010 04:06AM
i have a 4gb transcend pen drive and before everything was alright but since a few my pc is not detecting it when i plug it in and i dont know what to do pleeeaaaassssssssssssse help me out
Read more 
moins plus
After plugging in the device. Go to device manager (In run type "devmgmt.msc") In Device manager go to "Universal serial bus controllers" It should list the storage devices that you have connected to your PC. Right click and then click "Uninstall. Remove the USB drive and restart your system.
Try connecting the device again, i think this should solve the problem.

rosahn- Apr 24, 2010 04:47AM
thankyou that worked
moins plus
for windows xp
first you need to go to Device Manager by double-clicking on the System icon in Control Panel, choosing the Hardware tab, and clicking Device Manager.
go to divice manager
usb hub controler it will be at last of the list then
right click on usb hub controler open it go to usb root hub right click & go to properties
then go to device and click ok
do it 4 to 5 time it will work 100%
i have tried it and it worked
Best of luck :)

moins plus
try it on another PC..if it is a problem with your USB drivers than you will able to access it..

moins plus
hi do one thing go to my computer right device manager ther u to o universal serial bus right click on tht option go to update driver select yes this time only give automatic k . before doing this step plz insert mother board driver cd after tht u do all this procedure thn c ur pendriv vl be dedected k

This document entitled « my pendrive is not detected in pc » from CCM ( is made available under the Creative Commons license. You can copy, modify copies of this page, under the conditions stipulated by the license, as this note appears clearly.

Not a member yet?

sign-up, it takes less than a minute and it's free!

Members get more answers than anonymous users.

Being a member gives you detailed monitoring of your requests.

Being a member gives you additional options.