Wireless device driver problem in Acer 4710

Solved/Closed
Taha - Oct 27, 2008 at 12:37 PM
 hercules - Jan 23, 2010 at 02:12 AM
hi
i hv this acer aspire laptop 4710............im unable to install the driver for its wi fi device (broadcom 802.11b/g WLAN)..........each time I attempt to do so it presents me with the error code 39 saying that the device cannot function properly as the device driver was currupt and in the device manager it shows a yellow tag on the face of the device............initially I installed it from the driver's cd that came along with the laptop, but I hv also tried the driver that I downloaded from the net, it was also of no use....................im running windows xp sp3............is there a hardware problem or its just that im not abl to find the right driver?

please help as I despirately need to get this issue resolved...................its xtremly urgent
Related:

7 responses

dude I was able to resolve this WLAN issue by reverting back to service pack 2..........i got this solution on another forum, I tried it and it works............the guy who suggested this solution was of the opinion that machines which do not come with pre-installed XP with SP3 or vista do show driver-hardware compatibility issues.......bt it aint something to get worried about

hope it works for u to
hi deat taha
I have the same problem, tanx for the answer.
dear

can I have your contect no I whould like to contect you regarding this same problem actully I do so many try for that but still its not solve pls reply its urgrent
jmp59 Posts 29296 Registration date Tuesday June 8, 2004 Status Contributor Last seen November 25, 2015 257
Oct 27, 2008 at 02:56 PM
Hello,

U bought ur computer with Vista and u downgraded it to XP ?

What driver did u use ? I think it's not the right one.
hi dude..
i bought it with linux o/s.. I installed windows xp with service pack 3.. the cd with the machine had the drivers.. but it aint workin.. the drivers were for xp... I downloaded a driver from net also... but it aint workin.. still gives me code 39 error...

help me out!
If anyone knows this solution I would be glad to hear it. Have exactly same problem on a fujitsu siemen Amilo a1650g

Same WLAN
dear

i have same problem as like you pls guide me I allredy try to install driver from acer website and also try from cd which is coming with my laptop in my laptop win xp service pack 2 OS

its urgent pls give your feedback

Thanks
Ajay
Dear,

allredy I have xp with service pack 2 and several time I formate my laptop and iinstall os but yaar its not working
pls give me idea yaar

thanks for your try for me

Thanks
Ajay
Hi Taha,

I am facing the same problem of WLAN driver issue on 4710z. Please let me know if your issue resolved?

Thanks,
Amit
Amit, bro I was abl to resolve the issue in a cuple of attempts of re-installation of widows XP on my machine.......out of my personal xperience I can say that the issue was with the service pack.............SP3 didnt worked bt SP2 is goin along fine uptill now................infact now im sortin out ways to resolve the driver issues with windows vista n acer 4710....hehehehe

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
Driver CD provided by acer laptop is old and not supported the WLAN actually installed, try to get the latest updated driver and install. You can get the latest drivers from acer support center as well. I did the same.
I faced the same problem. try to download latest drivers from broadcom website and in stall hope that will solve your problem.

CD provided with acer laptop contains older driver which doesn't support WLAN installed.
Hello

i had a same promblem but now I inastall broadband Dell Wireless 1390 WLAN Mini-Card and solved it