PC does not boot after memory test

Closed
Mayavi - Apr 30, 2010 at 11:32 AM
 Blocked Profile - May 7, 2010 at 07:36 AM
Hello,

My PC does not seem to boot after the RAM memory test. It shows the Intel Logo screen and goes to the memory test and the display goes off. The display cable is connected fine to monitor. I removed and re-inserted the RAM and display card and checked.
It has a Intel Pentium III processor PC with 256mb SDRAM (not a DDR). It has the Windows XP OS with service pack 3 installed in it. All went well when one day it does not boot up properly. So i tried to boot into the machine using the LKG mode. It didn't work out. I was able to login to the PC using safe mode and safe mode with networking options. Now it even does not proceed to that state and the display goes off immediately after the memory test. The memory test completes and shows 256 mb RAM. Even if click the DEL key, it does not take me to the CMOS setup. Earlier when it booted to safe mode, it had allowed me to go into CMOS setup. Since I cannot go into the CMOS setup, it does not allow me to check the Boot configuration and other stuff in it.
Related:

1 response

Blocked Profile
May 7, 2010 at 07:36 AM
Dear Mayavi,

There might be two possibilities. Either the RAM slot has not been well placed or it has been damaged by overflow of statistic electricity. Please consider using another RAM slot to confirm the issue.

Thanks in advance.