Hacked computer

Closed
tracy4trading - May 2, 2010 at 03:48 AM
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 - May 2, 2010 at 04:51 PM
I read on this forum to type in netstat -a in command prompt to see if someone is hacking, a whole bunch of things came up, how do I know what to look for? I already know for a fact he is having my emails forwarded to his outlook. I created a new gmail account and he got my password for that one to by reading a confirmation sent by default to another of my accounts, hotmail, and the confirmation had my user name and password for whatever program sent it and he knew I would be using it on everything.

2 responses

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,171
May 2, 2010 at 05:31 AM
Hello Tracy

Your computer may be infected by a virus which steals and transmits the information.

1. Download, install and run Malwarebyte which you can find on this site:

https://ccm.net/downloads/security-and-maintenance/4621-malwarebytes-anti-malware/ es-anti-malware

Ensure you make an update.

Please request a FULL system scan, which may take about 90 minutes.

When the scan is completed, delete all items found.

2. Change your IP address.

3. Check to see if your firewall is:
a) Turned on
b) Effective with no leaks

You can test your firewall with this tool:

http://www.pcflank.com/pcflankleaktest.htm

Good luck
tracy4trading Posts 1 Registration date Sunday May 2, 2010 Status Member Last seen May 2, 2010
May 2, 2010 at 10:56 AM
I had no malware, I am not too concerned with that, I know who is infiltrating my email, I want to know if there is a way to track it from my computer, I need to bring charges on him and want proof on paper
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,171
May 2, 2010 at 04:51 PM
Tracy,

How do you know that the person in question is transfering your mail to his/her Outlook? That is pretty clever of you to identify the software the pirate is using.

I think that I don't have the whole story so it is difficult to help you further.

Regards