HP zv6000 won't charge battery

Closed
Sandy - May 3, 2010 at 12:21 PM
 Sandy - May 8, 2010 at 04:50 PM
My laptop will power on, but will not charge the old or new battery. it is seated correctly and there is no problem with the Power Input jack or power cord. The internal power display shows an X on the battery either indicating it is not being "seen" or it is not charging. I am not sure if it is a connection problem on the motherboard or if it is on the power supply unit. Any suggestions on repair are appreciated.

Related:

2 responses

Thanks, tried that, device is working properly...........I am thinking of taking the computer apart and looking at the motherboard and all the connections to see if there is a break (with a magnifying glass) in hope of being able to repair it with solder. The manual from HP indicates removing ALOT of components first just to get to the motherboard. Please advise, thanks. S
closeup22 Posts 8923 Registration date Friday May 15, 2009 Status Member Last seen October 7, 2010 2,099
May 4, 2010 at 09:20 AM
Hi there,

Open device manager and expand the list for battery and right click on ACpi and update or disable it,restart machine.

Thanks