So i broke my screen and it wont work now

Closed
jeff - May 5, 2010 at 12:19 AM
 TECHNOPHOBE76 - May 5, 2010 at 01:29 AM
I broke my computer screen on my hp laptop completly you cant see anything. When i use to plug it up to the same monitor via VGA connection it worked fine, now it doesnt when the computer screen is broke... the computer will load windows on it then go blank, it will also go into system restore i can do everything untill windows completely loads then? then nothing, any solutions for why this is happening? the main monitor cord that goes to the tablet monitor is cut i hope that has nothing to do with it. HELP im in college have all my work on this computer.

1 response

TECHNOPHOBE76
May 5, 2010 at 01:29 AM
HAVE YOU TRIED LINKING IT TO YOUR TELEVISION VIA ONE OF THOSE LEADS WITH THE TWO SCREWS, ONE EITHER SIDE OF THE PINS ON IT ? ?(NEWER MODELS) THIS WORKS ON MINE. PRESS AND HOLD FUNCTION AND THEN HIT F4, ONCE, THIS SHOULD INSTRUCT YOUR COMP TO SEND SCREEN IMAGE TO EXTERNAL DEVICE, IN THIS CASE YOUR FLATSCREEN TELLY ! IF THAT WORKS, GREAT BUT I WOULD ADVISE YOU GET A HARD DRIVE AND RETRIEVE TO A SAFE PLACE ALL THOSE PRECIOUS COLLEGE WORK FILES BEFORE YOUR COMPUTER FINALLY GIVES UP THE GHOST !!