Upside down screen display

Solved/Closed
gerry - Updated on Jun 8, 2017 at 05:29 AM
norm_du_partie_communiste Posts 1 Registration date Friday November 10, 2017 Status Member Last seen November 10, 2017 - Nov 10, 2017 at 02:16 PM
Hello,
My screen displays upside down! I run Vista on a Toshiba Satellite laptop. On two of the three user profiles set up, the screen now displays upside down and the mouse operates in reverse directionally! My daughter cannot remember how she managed this creativity so I'd be very grateful if anyone knows the solution. Not sure if it is a Windows option on something on the Laptop.
Thanks for your help
Gerry

70 responses

Sandeep Posts 87 Registration date Friday October 10, 2008 Status Member Last seen July 5, 2012 47
Nov 1, 2008 at 07:15 AM
Hey
Just press Ctrl + Alt + up arrow key or down arrow key....screen will change!!!
Thank you Sandeep, very much appreciated.
Thanks for the info, very much appreciated :)
ken1970 > nhecas
Dec 23, 2008 at 07:09 PM
Thanks for this, we found xp having this problem and thought it was initially very funny, but then very annoying. Where would we all be without google???
THAN YOU!!!!!
Thankssssss
I have also noticed that if you on a network, you have to log in on the upside down login screen and then use the ctrl alt and up arrow. My friend was not able to change the screen until he had completely log on
Ears you are a life saver! My problem stemmed from the network connection, I thought I was losing my mind when everyone else was fine with the CTRL ALT UP cure, but I had to login upside down first! Great tip, thank you
worked out magnificantly! thank you~
thanks sandeep you just saved me $200
Mate......your a bloody gent for the fix.......bloody cats cause havoc thinking they can use laptops.....lol thanks again dude.

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
Yu saved my life, I struggled for some minutes before thinking of finding assistance from colleagues at google search, thanx a million. It solved my problem with ease
Thanks alot!!! My cat walked over mine and flipped my screen and I could not believe what stupid luck it was!!!
the exact same thing happened to me!! how does that work out???
Thankyou so much!! I walked away from my laptop and my kitten must of walked across all the keys and I came back and screen was upside down!! much appreaciated =]
thanx all, just had the same problem a while ago & it drove me nuts. Restarted the computrer but nothing. Had to use another computer to find answers..and damn my day (night right now in Fiji) was saved

cheers

well, I placed my book on the keyboard when the trouble started
Thanks for the fix it is greatly appreciated!!
thanks alot for this solution
Omg thank you so much, it always happens to me aswell and I can't remember what I did. Thanks so much!
I had this problem for about a week and it wouldent get fixed thanks so much you saved me and my grades at school
thanxs a lot !!
:-)
Dear sir, I was having problem with a window vista the sceen was upside down and I want you to guide me to slove the problem.i hope to hear from you
Sandeep Posts 87 Registration date Friday October 10, 2008 Status Member Last seen July 5, 2012 47
Jan 13, 2009 at 06:42 AM
i think it should work on vista too, [ctrl + alt + up arrow or down arrow] but if not then i'll let you know if I found out the solution.....one thing you can check is to reduce resolution coz it takes high display settings regarding vista!!!
thanks mate .just saved me thirty quid that talk talk's computer geek was goin to charge me
THANK YOU :o) Almost had now tears left, from crying and laughing from this absurd thing, hehehe
I'm having the same problem with the upside down screen display using VISTA and the CTL + ALT + up or down arrow did not work for me. Any other suggestions? Thanks!
Hi have you got the solution for it. If so can you please send me the answer as I am also facing the same problem in Vista Operating system. I tried with Ctrl+Alt+ Up/down buttons. But it did't helped me.

Advanced thanks for you help.

Thanks
Try alt+t that should get you back in the right direction Windows Vista
If the Ctrl+Alt+up sequence does not work, the display might've been control by the video card's software, in my case, it was ATI.
Thanks, you're a life saver!
Thnx dude .......cnt+alt+up arrow worked

genius
Ah sandeep you life saver:D <3
hi guys,
i have a problem with my laptop. i' ve installed vista. I think its not suitable for wide screen. every pictures and txt stretch. I wanna fix my display as a normal display like xp virsion. how do I fix this? I cant work in photoshop with this stetch display. so plzz help me any one
Thanks! you saved me.
Thanks for that it really works.

Ctrl+Alt+Del

This resolves if the Desktop turns upside down.

Kalyan