Hp laptop, very faint screen :(

Closed
danjw - May 8, 2010 at 08:47 AM
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 - May 8, 2010 at 07:50 PM
Basically when i turn my laptop on, you think the screen stays black. But if you tilt it to the right angle you can faintly see whats on the screen. It happened a few weeks ago and i sent it back and hp replaced the screen. Got it back and it worked for 2 uses then did the same thing again. Im starting to think that its not a problem witht the screen and just some crazy power saving settings but I've no idea what. I left it on while i went out and the battery ran out so when i got back to it, it was off and it happened when i turned it back on. So im thinking that the settings kicked in, then it turned off!?!?? But I have no idea and i'd really appreciate some help.

Related:

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
May 8, 2010 at 07:50 PM
This sounds like the the "backlight" or the "inverter" that supplies power to the backlight have failed. I suggest you take the laptop to a good repair shop since these parts are not easy for the agerage user to replace. You probably will just break the case and/or the screen if you try to fix things yourself.

Good Luck