My computer turns off and restarts

Closed
adam - May 8, 2010 at 02:20 PM
 adam - May 10, 2010 at 04:15 AM
hello,

i am very confused as my computer turns of on its on then back on at random times. However it says there is a seaious and currupt error that cannot be recognised, i bought a second hand monitor about 3 weeks ago and i hadnt used the computer b4 hand as it was a family members and never did it b4.

if i leave my monitor turned off it dosnt do it anywhere near as often as when its turned on.. it usually only happens when i begin running more then one programme but if i play world of warcraft game then it turns off more often.
my computer says my graphics card does not support directX ( mr graphics card is Intel(R) 82845G/GL?GE?PE?GV) however i was told b somebody tht it shud run fine. ive looked about and i dont know if its tht perhaps my ram is incorrect with my motherboard ect, im seriously confused.

if anybody could help in anyway plz do.

3 responses

closeup22 Posts 8923 Registration date Friday May 15, 2009 Status Member Last seen October 7, 2010 2,099
May 9, 2010 at 05:41 AM
Hi there,

What happens if you no not play the mention game?Please give more information as well as your system specifications .

Thanks
still does same thing but not as often.. it come up yesterday and i sent error report and it come up with blue screen error which has only occured once as most of the time it dosnt know what it is.. ive tryed virus scan.. updating windows, system restoring and im still not sure atall.

thankyou for the reply.
still does same thing but not as often.. it come up yesterday and i sent error report and it come up with blue screen error which has only occured once as most of the time it dosnt know what it is.. ive tryed virus scan.. updating windows, system restoring and im still not sure atall.

thankyou for the reply.
jorhay Posts 20 Registration date Sunday May 9, 2010 Status Member Last seen May 11, 2010
May 9, 2010 at 06:36 PM
try to upgrade you memory.. and the vdeo card..what memory did you use?512?1bg?2gb?and the memory of your vdeo card?buy a pilit model of vdeo card 512mb and the bits is 256....if there no changes try to replace your procesor or mother board..
i use 1g yes i will try tht i cnt tell you the memory of my video card as i am on my gf's comp i will tell you once i get home

thankyou for the reply.