Laptop screen stays blank when turned on.

Closed
Connor - May 16, 2010 at 03:22 AM
 Cocokiwi - May 16, 2010 at 04:36 AM
Hello,
When I turn my laptop on the screen remains completely black. You can hear the laptop working. Also the capslock light is constantly flashing when it's on and after about 20 seconds it turns itself off. I have tried the method of removing the battery and the power supply and the holding down the power button for 60 seconds but it doesn't seem to work.

Please help,
Thnx
Related:

1 response

Hi, sounds like the Backlight has died,it could be one of two things,1 is the Backlight Power supply has died or the backlight it'self has died....
The Backlight is made up of one or two Cold cathode tubes that are kind of like a floresent tube but way smaller like 1/8th of an inch up to 1/4" in size and they run on 120vac which means watch out! a laptop uses a small converter to change the voltage from 5v to 120ac,one way you can tell is if one can remove the back so light can get at the rear of the LCD panel,which sometime cannot be done,but you can look for light around the LCD if no light,the CCT has gone,if you have a DMM you could check the leads going to the CCT's That will tell you the power is ok.you will be able to order one online,they are not expencive! I have a LCD 17" that I found at the dump,the Power supply to the CCT had failed,dual units too!
Best bet if you are not a tech,send to a Service center that Fixes LCD display backlights.

Cheers Dennis