Connect but can not access the internet? HELP

Solved
straight - Nov 4, 2008 at 10:43 PM
 squeaky - Dec 4, 2018 at 03:35 PM
Hello,

Windows XP Desktop is showing that its connected to the internet, but when I try to open internet explorer it says. Cannot Find Server. Page can not be displayed. How do I get it to connect? My laptop is wired to a router thats
connected to my desktop and the internet on there works fine. For some reason though just the internet on my Desktop does not work. I also hooked my internet directly to my laptop and it works fine. But still my desktop is showing the same thing. I recently tried to Install Windows Service Pack 3 and there was a problem. It said Access Denied then quit the Installation. Since then I am not able to access the Internet. Does anyone know how to fix this?

If so please let me know thanks.

Related:

43 responses

Hi,

Follow these steps to solve it:

1. restart the computer

2. go to Control Panel -> network connections -> right click the lan connection and click properties

3. In the general tab double click on "Internet Protocol (TCP/IP)" from the list and check obtained both

4. re-enter the details as necessary.

5. Start run and type in
netsh winsock reset

I hope this will solve your problem.

Actually I also had been facing this problem since long, and couldn't find any solutions until recently and I had to reload the operating system every time I got this problem.

(and please let me know if this solution solved your problem).
This completely worked for me. Thank you!!!!
this info provided by Md Vasiullah 5 completely worked for me. Thanks!!!