External Hard Drive with no File system

Solved/Closed
dr.eggman789 Posts 2 Registration date Wednesday November 5, 2008 Status Member Last seen November 5, 2008 - Nov 5, 2008 at 10:31 PM
 john - Jan 24, 2014 at 08:28 PM
Hello,
Hi, I have a Maxtor OneTouch 500GB external hard drive that unfortunately has no File system. The drive registers under Device Manager, but not My Computer or Disk Management, and therefore has to letter assignment.

Does anyone know how to load FAT32 onto this disk? If not, any file system will do.

Thanks so much in advance,
Jake

6 responses

Download this free program and it will format a 1 TB drive to FAT32.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/9jdtn9zbpmlaaxm/Tokiwa_FAT32_Formatter_software.rar/file
Thanks, Bill0, that solved my problem.

I appreciate it.

Cheers,
Jake
I have a big problem .
I have new hard drive wd500aakb never used (new) with nothing on it.
Whit external device usb adapter to ide (I HAVE A NOTEBOOK) WINDOWS SEE ONLY USB STORAGE DEVICE BUT NOT MAKE A LETTER ASSIGNMENT ON MY COMPUTER
On ubuntu somtimes make usb device but it is impossible to make the command fdisk (dont work)
What I can do?
I must format it on ext3 but if it is possible to see if it work on windows (and after after fat 32 or ntfs I can try with linux) it was good for me
What I can do?
I dont know english very well so please you a simple and step by step help if you can
Thx a lot
p.s:also my decoder where the disk was designed , it is impossible to format (impossible to inizialized)
Help hel please :(