I hope this helps you out I have just done my hard drive and this will work?
To create a new FAT32 partition or logical drive in Windows XP, follow these steps:
1. Log on as Administrator or as a member of the Administrators group.
2. Click Start, then right-click My Computer, and then click Manage.
3. In the console tree, click Disk Management.
4. In the Disk Management window, do one of the following:
o To create a new partition, right-click unallocated space on the basic disk where you want to create the partition, and then click New Partition.
o To create a new logical drive in an extended partition, right-click free space on an extended partition where you want to create the logical drive, and then click New Logical Drive.
5. In the New Partition Wizard, click Next.
6. Click the type of partition that you want to create (Primary partition, Extended partition, or Logical drive), and then click Next.
7. Specify the size of the partition in the Partition size in MB box, and then click Next.
8. Assign a drive letter or drive path to your new partition or logical drive, and then click Next.
9. Click Format this partition with the following settings, and then do the following:
o Click FAT32 in the File system box.
o Type a name for the volume in the Volume label box.
If you want, you can also change the disk allocation unit size, or specify whether you want to perform a quick format.
10. Click Next.
11. Confirm that the options that you selected are correct, and then click Finish.
The new partition or logical drive is created and appears in the appropriate basic disk in the Disk Management window.