How to automatically copy data from excel?

Closed
prejesh - May 25, 2010 at 02:24 AM
rizvisa1 Posts 4478 Registration date Thursday January 28, 2010 Status Contributor Last seen May 5, 2022 - May 25, 2010 at 05:04 PM
Hello,
I am running a data entry office and I need some help with present project. here is the exact scenario

1. I have data ready in excel, each record has around 30 fields
2. My client has provided a software which has 30 fields with label and text box beside it.

I need to copy first cell content from excel and paste it into the first filed in my client software.

For this, I have go to excel file, place the cursor in the first field and press ctrl+c and press "alt+tab" to go to client software and press "ctrl+v"

After this, i ve to jumb back to excel and press tab to move to next cell and copy the content and go to software and press tab to move to next field and paste.

This has to be repeated 30 times for a single record and there are thousands of such records in the same format.

Can anyone please let me know, is there any chance of automation here, is it possible to automatically copy and paste all the 30 cells in excel into each filed in the software??

the client software is made with VB and back-end MS Access. I dont have manual access to their database and it is password protected. My client will not provide any other support part from their software.

Any suggestions will be greatful

1 response

rizvisa1 Posts 4478 Registration date Thursday January 28, 2010 Status Contributor Last seen May 5, 2022 766
May 25, 2010 at 05:04 PM
Never did it myself but perhaps

Application.SendKeys might work