Windows services stops automatically [Solved/Closed]

Ask a question Kumars - Last answered on Apr 19, 2017 at 03:29 PM by Ali
Hello,
Hi everybody, this is kumar... I have problem in windows services. It stops all services automatically then I have to restart manually.. If u have any idea about stop issue and tell me how to start all services automatically?

Thanks in advance..
Helpful
+70
plus moins
We also have encountered the same problem here in our Windows Server 2003. For the meantime we have temporary solutions by setting the Recovery to "Restart the Service". By doing this:

1. Go to Administrative Tools - Services
2. Right Click "Computer Browser" then Properties
3. Click on the Recovery tab, set the following:
First Failure = Restart the the Service
Second Failure = Restart the the Service
Subsequent Failures = Restart the the Service
Reset Fail count After = 120
Restart Service after = 0
4. Click Ok

Repeat from procedure number 2 to the Services stopped.

Hope this helps.

Bong
Email Id removed for security
Was this answer helpful?  
ANILVS- Nov 27, 2012 at 02:37 AM
Thanks It Works......
Real Resolution for This Problem.....
Thanks again.....:)
Kumaran- Apr 23, 2013 at 05:49 AM
It's working fine
Thanks
Helpful
+8
plus moins
I see errors like this happening when there is some driver problem with the NIC.

Go to Start/Run, and type DEVMGMT.MSC , highlight the network card device, Action menu, "Uninstall", then restart Windows, to find
the device drivers
again automatically.
sudheer- Dec 22, 2008 at 04:06 AM
hi friend
i am also having same problem like u can I have sol for that
contact me sudheerj at gmail
Kishore- Jan 31, 2009 at 02:29 AM
Hello Sudheer,

This is kishore, I have problem in windows services. It stops all services automatically then I have to restart manually.Results error in network connection.
Yugo sudheer - May 19, 2009 at 06:51 AM
Hello sir

My name is Yugen Pillay, I'm from South Africa.
I am also having the problem where the Computer Browser is disabling itself.
Can you please help me.

Thank you for your time.
kashi- May 31, 2009 at 12:42 AM
its because of a virus named conflicker, go for windows xp sp3 security updates. They'll resolve the problem.
vivek sudheer - Feb 21, 2010 at 01:11 AM
sir whenever I started my computer ,it displays a message that my window explorer has stopped working .please suggest me some solution.hope u understand me
i am using window xp sp2 but it was updated to sp3.my media player has also stopped working
Helpful
+5
plus moins
A reinstall won't fix this issue, same problems after slipstreamed a servicepack 3 ...
Helpful
+4
plus moins
Really weird one.
Small network, workstations all XP SP2 and updates.
MACfee Anti Virus Software, Corp Edition all up to date.
One of the machines on the network will simply just stop some services
on its own accord. Normally happens right after logging off, but also
happens while machine is logged on.

Services stopped are:
· Automatic Updates
· Computer Browser
· Cryptographic Services
· DHCP Client
· Distributed Link Tracking Client
· Error Reporting Service
· Help and Support
· Logical Disk Manager
· Secondary Logon
· Security Center
· Server
· System Event Notification
· System Restore Service
· Task Scheduler
· Themes
· Windows Audio
· Windows Firewall/Internet Connection Sharing (ICS)
· Windows Management Instrumentation
· Windows Time
· Wireless Zero Configuration
· Workstation

Users logging on and off do not have admin rights on the machine, so
presumably the services are not stopped using the user rights.

Already reloaded SP2, full virus scan, spyware / addware scan, just no
success.
From what I could see, it does not happen if the network cable is
unplugged.

HELP!!!!
hamster- Feb 5, 2009 at 09:53 AM
Hello together, just the same to my server 2003 , in eventlog I found 4 times today entries about anonymous-logons. this showed one server in our production area. I have disabled networking on this machine to check whether the problem stops.
Have more success.. hamster
Rana- Jan 22, 2010 at 02:52 AM
Hi Hamster
Have you got any solution for this Problem, I have windows 2003 Server with SP2 and I am also experiencing the same Problem in my Network.

I am using this Server As DHCP and Print Server in my Network , please let me know if have any updated solution on this...

Regards
Naresh Rana
Cheyenne- Feb 8, 2009 at 07:54 AM
Have you found out what is causing this and how to fix it? I have a friend with this same problem you described here.

Thanks!
Utopia- Feb 8, 2009 at 01:17 PM
hi sonu

did you find the solution for your problem?

because I have the same in our network and I have the same antivirus and the same services stopped, I tryed to install symantec corporate edition and updated but nothing changed, I fraid this is new virus because I have this problem in the same time you have.

please if you have any solution send it to my email:

Email Id's removed for security

Please Help
ajit kathat- Jun 9, 2010 at 01:44 AM
· Automatic Updates
· Computer Browser
· Cryptographic Services
· DHCP Client
· Distributed Link Tracking Client
· Error Reporting Service
· Help and Support
· Logical Disk Manager
· Secondary Logon
· Security Center
· Server
· System Event Notification
· System Restore Service
· Task Scheduler
· Themes
· Windows Audio
· Windows Firewall/Internet Connection Sharing (ICS)
· Windows Management Instrumentation
· Windows Time
· Wireless Zero Configuration
· Workstation

Most of these services are depend on the process svchost.exe which is a system process that is in most cases affected by virus try to fix it by using a good antimalware software
Helpful
+4
plus moins
Agree with rb76, everything got back to normal after the update. No virus.
Helpful
+4
plus moins
which os u have .if u r using windows xp than it has an option for recovery of services

SOLUTION

right click on my computer
>
select manage
>
services
>
select service which u want to recover
>
right click
>
properties
>
there is a tab of recovery
>
select action on first failure > restart the service
>
select for second failure >restart the service
>
select third and subsequent failure >restart the service

hope u understand it does not solve the cause of problem but it recover services after failure

for the cause of problem try to find out the service dependency it is also available in properties of services services may depend on a single process that can be affected by virus
Lokesh- Jun 10, 2011 at 03:55 AM
I have done all this. I have set "restart the service" in all tab. and set timings also. But all in vain. I have to start ICS service manually and it works only for 2-3 mins and after that automatically get stopped and disabled.
Helpful
+3
plus moins
OK... so then there is no solving to this from the windows user side, other that temporary reactivating the services... :|
Helpful
+2
plus moins
Hello
This is Sreekanth. Me too suffering this problem nowdays. I am using my Laptop in a Network. So this is a big problem to me. If any one has solution for this please sent me to my mail.

My mail id is Email Id removed fro security

Thanks
Helpful
+2
plus moins
I also encountered this problem lately. I think it is some sort of DoS attack or some software stops Server and Workstation service.

I hope there will be a cure for this soon because it is very inconvenient to turn on services all the time.
Helpful
+2
plus moins
I have the same problem and so far still no virus was found in several AV I tried. someone told me that this is not a virus but instead a bug from MS update. right now what really matters to me is to know what really is this. and what causes this. even if there's no solution yet. I hope at least we have to know where did it start.

maybe we could share our computer state when this problem first occurs.

my computer is in:

Windows XP sp3
using Static IP
Helpful
+2
plus moins
Lost my own bet. I must apologise to Nlite. And while ignorance leads to problems:

The problem is:

Virus or unwanted program 'WORM/Conficker.AC [worm]'
detected in file 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\lwuhrjo.dll.
Action performed: Delete file.

Virus or unwanted program 'WORM/Conficker.AC [worm]'
detected in file 'C:\Users\NetworkService\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\K5I3GXYJ\eeake[1].jpg.
Action performed: Delete file

Info here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conficker

Solution here: http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/Bulletin/MS08-067.mspx

Enjoy.
Helpful
+2
plus moins
hello friends ,

firstly thanks for the solution....
i have a cyber cafe.. I was also facing the same proble...i was very disturbed due to this problem. today I have read your solutions & applied it, I hope that it will work.

i also wanna tell you that this worm also connects to a web site www.sina.com. I have seen that my network computers connected this site 10 times more then all other websites..

so block this website.

may be this will also help anybody..

Thanks
Nishu- Feb 26, 2009 at 02:30 AM
Also, try by applying the patch WindowsXP-KB958644-x86-ENU, this has resolved the problem.
Phils- Mar 15, 2009 at 05:03 AM
Sorry friends. I have the same problem and found the Conflicker virus as you said and remove it, but these didn't resolve the problem. What can I do further?
Helpful
+2
plus moins
just do a fresh install with the network cable unplugged, apply the patch and try tu use a good antivirus. I recommend Avira, free edition, but with the latest updates. Then you will be ok.
Helpful
+2
plus moins
FYI...We've been seeing a similar issue and for us it has to do with the automatic updates service consuming too much memory because of a memory leak. It would then crash the instance of svchost.exe hosting automatic updates, which would stop all of the other services running within that instance as well. The hotfix KB927891 has fixed the problem for us. Although an older patch, it contains an updated msi.dll for the Automatic Updates service (wuauserv). The servers with the memory leak problems are using msi.dll version 3.1.4000.1830. The patch replaces that with Msi.dll ver 3.1.4000.4042.

Hopefully this helps...

Rb76
Helpful
+2
plus moins
hi iam rohin. when some install window xp by bootable cd. after intall the window successfully. if u r going to high priority update. click on express.install the update then ur all services turn off. tit is because ur cd is too much old version 1985 to 2001.
jokejong- Nov 11, 2009 at 08:03 PM
Sounds like a vulnerability on your Windows 2003. Its mentioned on MS08-067.

Even though it doesnt say anything about shell32.dll, I've known people with
the same problem as you and installing this hotfix, the problem was solved.
You should try it.

http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=k...58644&x=19&y=4

Hope it helps
Helpful
+2
plus moins
my system dose not hengg but we want to run the any programes then my does not work fast but login and logout very very shlow.and then system is restart manuly, what is this problem
Helpful
+2
plus moins
Chake the network card & uninstall the network card and proparle install the Driver and IP.......restart P.C
Helpful
+2
plus moins
One PDF print is stuck in print service so that's why print service is stop automaticaly so now I cancle this page and now printer is working fine.
Helpful
+1
plus moins
hi kumars,

can you set the properties of startup type of services to automatically?
and haw about msconfig, have u tried it.

Member requests are more likely to be responded to.

Members can monitor the statuses of their requests from their account pages.

A CCM membership gives you access to additional options.

Not a member yet?