Ask a question Report

Inserting an image without the white backgrou [Solved/Closed]

Neg - Latest answer on Nov 15, 2012 10:30PM
I have an image that I have vectorized... or so I think i have.... and i when i try to insert it into a document this white square appears around it. I can't figure out how to move just the image and not the back ground as well.
Can anyone help me!!!???
Read more 

moins plus
To get rid of the white background on clipart pictures - click the picture, then click the Set Transparent Colour icon on the small picture toolbar that appears when you click the picture - immediately after clicking the Set Transparent Colour icon, click the white background on the picture - it should then become transparent! It took me 2 hours of trawling through help sites on the internet.....and lots of trial and errors......and just as I was giving up, I found this really easy solution myself! Hope it works for you.

Margaret- Oct 23, 2012 11:22PM
Luckily I found your answer before I trawled through other red herrings. Brilliant! Thank you...
Trex- Oct 27, 2012 12:42AM
Genius! Thanks a lot
Ekke- Nov 2, 2012 06:30AM
Wonderful! Thank u ver very much. I wasted hours and hours try to vind a solution. This advise works like magic!!!
thankfulanon- Nov 4, 2012 06:18AM
I love you, you have spared my sanity
christian- Nov 15, 2012 10:30PM
thank you so much!
moins plus
If you are using Excel 2007, I found the answer in Excel 2007 Help under "Change the transparency of one color in a picture". This is direct from Excel Help:
"You can make part of a picture transparent to better show any text that is layered on top of it , to layer pictures on top of each other, or to remove or hide part of a picture for emphasis.

Transparent areas in pictures are the same color as the paper on which they are printed. In an electronic display, such as a Web page, transparent areas are the same color as the background.

You cannot make more than one color in a picture transparent. And because an area of what appears to be a single color (for example, blue sky) might actually be made up of a range of subtle color variations, the color that you select might appear in only a small area. Therefore, it might be difficult to see the transparent effect.

1. Click the picture that you want to create transparent areas in.
2. Under Picture Tools, on the Format tab, in the Adjust group, click Recolor.
3. Click Set Transparent Color, and then click the color in the picture or image that you want to make transparent.

The Set Transparent Color option is available for bitmap (bitmap: A picture made from a series of small dots, much like a piece of graph paper with certain squares filled in to form shapes and lines. When stored as files, bitmaps usually have the extension .bmp.) pictures that are not already transparent, and some clip art (clip art: A single piece of ready-made art, often appearing as a bitmap or a combination of drawn shapes.)"

Guest 2- Jun 3, 2010 09:08AM
Thank you, that was a big help!!
Nahid- Jul 6, 2010 12:50AM
Thanks ... Thanks ...Thanks ...Thanks ... AAAAA LLLLOOOOOOOTTTTTT
I searched a lot but i can't find any solution .
cropmom66- Jul 12, 2010 04:15PM
Thank you soooooo much!! This is great and so easy!!!
This document entitled « inserting an image without the white backgrou » from CCM ( is made available under the Creative Commons license. You can copy, modify copies of this page, under the conditions stipulated by the license, as this note appears clearly.

Not a member yet?

sign-up, it takes less than a minute and it's free!

Members get more answers than anonymous users.

Being a member gives you detailed monitoring of your requests.

Being a member gives you additional options.