Have no audio device error

Solved/Closed
2009kr Posts 3 Registration date Saturday May 29, 2010 Status Member Last seen June 3, 2010 - May 29, 2010 at 12:09 PM
 Guest - Dec 27, 2010 at 12:47 AM
Hello,

I have suddenly facing audio problem in my system, and I found the following suggestion from this closed fourm...

ordinary guy Aug 8, 2008 10:59am BST
Try this:

Go to Start->Settings->Control Panel->Adminstrative Tools->Services

Then locate in the list of services "Windows Audio". Open this service

If this service is showing with a Startup type set to Disabled then Select "Automatic" from the drop down list then hit apply. Then click the "Start" button.

If this service is showing with a Startup type set to Manual then Select "Automatic" from the drop down list then hit apply. Then click the "Start" button.

Next Go to Start->Settings->Control Panel->Sounds and Audio Devices then select the Volume Tab then put a tick in the box marked "Place Volume Icon in the Task Bar" then click apply.

With a bit of luck and following wind you should now have your sound restored.

Good luck

Permalink (#33)

Unquote

I am able to done the first step (Startup type set to Manual then Select "Automatic" from the drop down list then hit apply. Then click the "Start" button)

But trying for the second step in "SOUND AND AUIDO DEVICES PROPERTIES" , I struck-up in Place volume icon in the task bar- it is disabled position and showing NO audio device i. How to make it enable???
Related:

2 responses

Blocked Profile
Jun 3, 2010 at 10:32 AM
Dear Sir,

Please consider right clicking on it and select Enable from the Device Manager. This will solve the matter.

Thanks in advance.
2009kr Posts 3 Registration date Saturday May 29, 2010 Status Member Last seen June 3, 2010
Jun 3, 2010 at 11:59 AM
Friend, thanks for your response.

But I am Sorry ,

since device volume is disabled , i am unable to make a tick mark in make it ...

while right clicking on place volume icon... it ask "what is this?" and showing message " display an indicator in the notification area that you can use to quickly change your audio hardware's playback volume." - how to proceed further.... please help
2009kr Posts 3 Registration date Saturday May 29, 2010 Status Member Last seen June 3, 2010
Jun 3, 2010 at 12:19 PM
By using Help and support centre, I got an error message saying,

Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged. (Code 19)...

How to solve it?
Hi, I've got the same problem lately and I followed exactly your instructions... Eventually, it worked... Big thanks from me!