Sims 2 Installation

Closed
Frankie - Nov 8, 2008 at 09:30 AM
 Q - Jun 18, 2009 at 12:51 PM
Hello,

I need help with installing Sims 2 Seasons on my mac (I hope this is the right place).

When I put the disc into my computer, it is not detected - nothing comes up on my desktop or finder (I have checked settings and its supposed to come up in those places). If I put any other disc in, it works (and shows up in finder and desktop).

I've updated all the software and my computer has the minimum requirements stated on the box of the game. On the box it also states 'This game has technology intended to prevent copying that may conflict with some disk and virtual disk drives.

I've installed expansion packs before and this has never happened.

Please help I would appreciate it loads! Thanks
Related:

25 responses

shyramay Posts 1 Registration date Sunday February 8, 2009 Status Member Last seen February 9, 2009
Feb 9, 2009 at 09:23 AM
sims 2 installation-----so COMPLICATED!
first, I did it on vista...put 4 disks....took ages...blah.blah.blah...then launched it..then it says that it has compatibility issues thingie which I dunno how to solve...then I downloaded a cd path from the official website...then while updating my sims 2 software...it says that an error occured while updatin!!!...so annoying....i tried to install that game for like million times coz I rily liked it...coz back in philippines, I played it already, but I wasnt the one who installed it, he was like a professional....i havent tried installing it though..coz mah friend was havin trouble installin it..then called thr pro...then I decided to make him install mine as well....i had windows xp way back in philippines....thats mah story quite a sad ending....
hi shyramay what you need to do is take some of your programs off your computer,as if you have too much downloaded, installed or saved it could be 'killing' your computer.
my problem's not like that. my problem is that I have copied all the requirements on the sims cd mac version. and when I click 'The Sims 2' icon to play that game. something poped out saying 'Please insert the original disk' can somebody help me? I have this cd for 2 months and its still now working. I'm totally confused
I bought sims 2 double deluxe and it will download only so far before I get an error "A problem occurred when trying to transfer the file 'E:\SP4\TSData\Res\3D\sims13.package' from the media. Do you want to retry to copy the file or cancel the installation?" I've hit retry a million times and it does no good. It's actually hit 100% and the error pops up. I have a PC with windows XP I have enought memory and all that. I just need that file with error to download does anyone know what I can do.
ok. first, get a the sims 2 mac game. u cant have a pc or expansion. next, when the finder window opens up, open anothe finder window. navigate 2 ur applications folder. now drag the sims 2 folder from the disk into the applications, voila! it installs and works. NOW id u have an expansion, u can instal it!

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
hey what eva yr name is I just want 2 downlod the game but I dont know how do you have any idea? have you got the game or not because if you dont well join the club so if you have any idea plz help!!!!
the same thing. but I got a mac game for a vista pc.
this sight is so stupid I need help getting it to work and all it is is people commiting on it! I put the disk in and it says I need to have sims2 installed does that mean I need to buy a whole other game just to play the game I just got!!~!
Ksiezyc > misa
Jan 5, 2009 at 06:30 PM
YES! Like 30 other people have said, you have to buy the Sims 2 and install it before you can install Sims Seasons or whatever it is you have. Basically, if there is anything in the title besides the word "Sims" and the number 2, you won't be able to play it until you get Sims 2. Clear now?
Maggsy _10 > Ksiezyc
Jan 18, 2009 at 03:32 PM
DO I have to install Sims original to install Sims 2 ?
hai what is the sims 2 university codes
hi there!i am sorry to say but josh you are wrong because my sims 2 discs are exactly the same but what I found is that my friend got the sims 2 deluxe edition and it works fine on macs windows vista,anything!if this dosent work try and change your default settings to the games standards,if that still dosent work,i do not know any further.thanx.
so.... I just downloaded the Sims 3.... I downloaded it through EA store. I downloaded it for PC..... I have a Mac.... anyway I can fix it without paying another 50 bucks and downloading it again???
ok most likely its not for mac or u need to reinstall ur dvd and or cd rom.. ask someone who knows a lot about computers most likely it will delete everything on ur computer though..
When I put the CD in to install it and when I finish installing it I clicked the installed program to play but it keeps saying that it needs a "correct disk" and I really want to play it so will you tell me any ways to go through this???
hello there , you cant install sims 2 or any sims I dont know why I have alredy tried I sorry...
MIGUEL ZANDRO A. LADRIDO
Dec 26, 2008 at 08:20 AM
hi josh!!were the same.when I install,i open it and it appears "please insert correct disk".my dad saids "lokal yung disk mo".,but I dont believe,i tried on other disk,it plays normally............the question is,,,,ARE THERE ANY SOLUTION?
Rawrtiger > MIGUEL ZANDRO A. LADRIDO
Dec 27, 2008 at 01:25 AM
Here's your problem.
You need the mac version.
PC programs don't run with mac.
Mac has been created to only run with apple or mac products.
i would like to download sims 2 the game onto my pc, but I don't know how to. I need help!
jess > MIGUEL ZANDRO A. LADRIDO
Feb 25, 2009 at 02:40 PM
hi there I loved the sims but one day my dog got hold of the disk and made three dents in it now when I put it in it sais please insert game disk not backup disk I am in such big trouble and it was my birthday present !!!
yoying > MIGUEL ZANDRO A. LADRIDO
Mar 4, 2009 at 06:50 AM
hi dude, I tried to install sims 2 in my pc, but it didnt work, it says cannot find the right cd-rom or it cannot locate the cd because it's cd dependent, so if you already found the answer mail it back to me,pls...................
When I put the CD in to install it and when I finish installing it I clicked the installed program to play but it keeps saying that it needs a "correct disk" and I really want to play it so will you tell me any ways to go through this???
your drive could also be dead. similar thing happened to me, only it wouldnt read the expansion packs and thats it. it read every other kind of disk. so either check it out yourself or have someone else check it for you just in case before it goes dead completely and wont read anything
Hey there! Well you need a dvd rom drive, otherwise the disk wont be detected. Also ensure that the sims2 is properly installed on your PC, else it will not allow you to install the expansions. Double check the system specs aswell, coz they may cause a problem!

Ciao!
i had the same prob to, but I found out that I didnt have a dvd drive so I got one and put it in my computer and it worked! they only cost $20.00!!! hope this helps!
Hi ,

I can't download sims 2 becouse I don't have a C D to download it !!!!

pleas , help me to download it with (web)

my E-mail :- rasheddood@hotmail.com
dude same problem , my CD snapped in half so it 's down loaded on my computer I just can 't play it cause I don 't have a disc -_-
help ?
kthnxbai
Hello. If you bought it at a "Low Price" that means it could be fake, especially if its not being recognized
naruto kazama
Feb 1, 2009 at 10:36 AM
ok I don't have the cd for sims 2,university,nightlife or buisness I just download the thing for free but when I download sims2 and sims2 nightlife I click on sims2 but it said nightlife not installed when I click nightlife it said open and I clicked it
an internet explorer popped up then it close the open message appeared again but when I clicked it the same thing happens.i don't have the cds for any of them I just download it free.but downloading it for free won't work but I think I downloaded the patch.can I just play it without buying it.
<ital> hi I am not sure if I have to buy the sims 2 pc back before I can buy the sims 2 nightlife and install it onto my pc please write back to me I am so confuzzled x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)</ital>
YOU HAVE TO BUY THE GAME, PUT IT IN YOUR DVD; ROM, THEN CHOOSE LANGUAGES, WAIT FOR IT TO INSTALL, AND THEN WHEN IT'S DONE... CREATE YOUR VERY FIRST FAMILY!

(P.S. I DON'T HAVE THE GAME "SIMS 2" BUT I KNOW HOW TO INSTALL IT BECAUSE THERE'S THIS STORY... MY FRIEND WENT OUT, HER MOM SAID THAT SHE CAN GET A COMPUTER GAME, MY FRIEND SAID " MOM MAY I GET THE SIMS 2 "? AND HER MOM SAID " YES ". SO SHE BOUGHT IT AND CAME HOME, CALLED ON ME AND I WENT OVER TO HER HOUSE AND WATCHED HER INSTALL IT SO YOU DON'T NEED ANOTHER GAME TO INSTALL THE SIMS 2.) FROM, VERONICA
Okay I got the Sims 2 Seasons expansion pack and when I inserted it, a box came up and said please insert a copy of the Sims 2, but I thought that is the The Sims 2, but just with the Seasons? Im really confussed cuz I thought u can just put it in and it would play but it wont... so I dont noe how to install it and I want to noe how to though.
when I put da disk in it went to da laungueges and I put in english and then it said insert a copy of the Sims 2 so I dont noe. But I think I noe y though. Do u have 2 have the Sims 2 only????? And just that notin else?
Frankie > erica
Dec 30, 2008 at 05:25 PM
You need to install the original sims 2 in order to play an expansion pack. An expansion pack is like only an add on to the original game.
katie > erica
Jan 3, 2009 at 12:05 PM
in order to plat seasons wich is an exspantion pack to sims 2 u need the original sims 2 u need that first then u can add exspantion packs. hope this helps :)
Don't be such an asshole, there is more than just "Sims 2" If you don't have the game nor its expansions don't bash on people who are having problems WITH the freaken expansions. Even more so with horrible grammar you bloody 3 year old.
Mine was doing the same thing! it said I didnt have a win 32 app or something! all my bf did was went into the c drive hit explore under sims 2 and copied the entire thing to your desktop (make a new folder for this) and once its done copying to your computer click on aunto run in the folder and install it as you normally would. and you will still need the disk you play! works fine for me!
Well it depends ..
do u have this sims 2 for a mac or just the sims 2 for a PC...
cuz that matters... it wont work without a sims 2 Mac version...
i hope that helps ..
... and seasons is an expansion pack... u need sims 2 to run sims 2 seasons