My Windows XP does not see my flash drive

Closed
Sheana - May 30, 2010 at 03:24 PM
 jango - Jan 7, 2015 at 02:31 PM
Hello,

I have a Sandisk Cruzer 4 GB . It has worked for a long time. Then one day, nothing. No light, and it is not anywhere on my laptop! Under Device Manager, it is not showing up. It is like it is not even plugged into the computer! I have 3 semesters of school work on there and don't know what to do. I would try previous advice listed, but my drive isn't even showing up on the lists to choose and refresh or reconfigure or uninstall.

Please help!

Related:

1 response

Hi,

With the flash drive not attached to the computer, go to the device manager: START>Right click on MY COMPUTER> MANAGE> UNIVERSAL SERIAL BUS CONTROLLERS (USB). Right-click, choose UNINSTALL. Follow next steps to uninstall, make sure it's gone from the device manager. Then ,restart the computer. On the desktop sacreen, after restarting, you'll see a popup balloon saying INSTALLING DEVICE DRIVER SOFTWARE..double-click on it, wait until it says it's finished/successful.
Connect the Cruzer.
It should detect it now.
I followed your steps, the uninstall and reinstall was successful, but when I plugged in the flash drive, it still is dead. I am guessing I am just out of luck. Thanks anyway.
When I right click there is no anistall option