Can't connect wireless internet

Solved/Closed
Shon - Nov 8, 2008 at 09:25 PM
 SassyKatt73 - Jun 30, 2010 at 03:32 PM
Hello,
I have a HP Compad NC 8340, I used to able to connect wireless network from my house, somehow I can't do it anymore, and I went to my uncle house who has wireless network inetnet as well, I can' connnect his network either (I used to able to) but I can connect to inetnet via wire (for my house and my uncle house) on the wireless network (it says connected" but I can't surfing on line. it isay "the page can't be found" any idea? thank you so much!

47 responses

There could be few reasons for this:

1. Check your connection properties, it should be configured to - Obtain an IP address automatically.

2. Check the router's security settings or security key and sync with your laptop.

This should work, if not let me know
happy gardener
Mar 19, 2009 at 08:23 AM
I had the same problem and my connection switch was off!! You should have a blue light. The switch is on the front left of the compaq presario laptop.
acoustictherapy > happy gardener
Feb 4, 2010 at 08:02 PM
Or the right side on an HP Netbook. I've found that if I restart my router (a Netgear), the Netbook usually connects on the second or third try. Other than that, I (a) turn the wireless card off and on, use Start - Run to run "cmd" and then "ipconfig /release" and "ipconfig /renew." If none of that works, I restart the Netbook and, so far at least, I've always gotten connected eventually.