How to remove autorun.inf virus from system

Closed
Chakara - Jun 1, 2010 at 07:35 PM
 Blocked Profile - Jun 2, 2010 at 05:32 AM
Hello,

Can Any one say the actual solution for removing Autorun.inf virus Completely from my system

Some of the method i used but that time only it removed again i connect my pen drive again its creating
when i use unlocker it shows path Locked C:\windows\explorer.exe
but i can delete at that time using unlocker

Related:

2 responses

kristain Posts 69 Registration date Friday March 12, 2010 Status Member Last seen May 30, 2011 20
Jun 2, 2010 at 02:26 AM
1.Get autorun virus removal tool

2.Now Press Win+R and enter cmd open Windows command prompt .
Now we are about to list hard disk files from command prompt .
for C drive type dir c: /a/w
If Autorun virus is present , It will get listed as shown above . There would be many other files like onlinegames , kavo.exe,.vbs , Heap41a , newfolder.exe,.com, ppt.exe etc .

These files include read only, archive, system and hidden file attributes associated with them.
So in next step we will remove these restrictions from the above suspicious files .
attrib -s -h -r c:autorun.inf
or attrib -s -h -r c:autorun.vbs ( Change the hard disk partitions as required)

Now remove all those files associated with autorun virus using del instruction .
(Add the necessary hard disk partitions and files as per requirement ). Now copy the completed document in notepad and save as remove.bat . This file will remove all the autorun virus traces on execution .

After removing all the infected autorun virus files from hard drives , execute autorun virus removal tool on step 1 to remove further traces .

3. Repair registry to enable hidden files and folders .
Press Win+R and enter regedit . Now this will open the Windows registry . Move on to the following registration entries .

Del autorun.inf or Del kavo.exe ( repeat the procedure for all the files and hard drives )

Or you can automate the process by notepad
(Add the necessary hard disk partitions and files as per requirement ). Now copy the completed document in notepad and save as remove.bat . This file will remove all the autorun virus traces on execution .

After removing all the infected autorun virus files from hard drives , execute autorun virus removal tool on step 1 to remove further traces .

4. Repair registry to enable hidden files and folders .
Press Win+R and enter regedit . Now this will open the Windows registry . Move on to the following registration entries .
5. Restart your PC for the complete removal of Autorun virus .
Blocked Profile
Jun 2, 2010 at 05:32 AM
Dear Sir,

Please have the steps for removing it from below and hence have the problem solved.

https://ccm.net/faq/4210-how-to-remove-autorun-inf-file

Thanks in advance.