HP laptop bizarre boot behaviour

Closed
mikustykus Posts 2 Registration date Thursday June 3, 2010 Status Member Last seen June 4, 2010 - Jun 3, 2010 at 05:26 AM
mikustykus Posts 2 Registration date Thursday June 3, 2010 Status Member Last seen June 4, 2010 - Jun 4, 2010 at 10:44 AM
Hello all,

This is a quirky little problem I have... I still get to enjoy my lovely little freebie baby, but one day I'd like to take it out!

Basically, the first thing is, it only seems to boot when the mains wire is connected. I did try buying a new battery but that didn't solve it (although did give me more life - the old one was RUBBISH!) The initial lights come up, you get a hint of a whir, then it gives up.

The second thing is, even WITH the mains connected, he only boots on the second attempt. i.e. I power up, I get the lights and little whir, then nothing. Then I have to hold down the button power to shut down, and then power up again. The second time everything is fine.

Strange huh??

Although.... very rarely... once in a blue moon and only once or twice it WILL boot without the power cable and on the first try. Beats me!!

Thanks for any help :)
Related:

2 responses

closeup22 Posts 8923 Registration date Friday May 15, 2009 Status Member Last seen October 7, 2010 2,099
Jun 3, 2010 at 12:17 PM
Hi there,

Try making a system restore or reinstall windows as there may be a software conflict causing this issue.

Thanks
mikustykus Posts 2 Registration date Thursday June 3, 2010 Status Member Last seen June 4, 2010
Jun 4, 2010 at 10:44 AM
Actually, I had this problem when I was running XP, but have since installed Windows 7 and the problem persists :(