Sound doesn't work

Solved/Closed
shif - Nov 15, 2008 at 02:57 PM
 Terra - Apr 1, 2017 at 06:53 PM
Hello,
my laptop sounds suddenly stopped working...
what can I do for it... please help me .........
Related:

10 responses

start program>run
type "services.msc"
look for Windows Audio and double click on it.
StartUp type should be Automatic
Startup Status should appear Started and if not, press start button
DONE!

cheers! ^_^
wessscoast baybee
Jun 9, 2010 at 03:52 PM
thank youuuuuuuuu~!
i didnt work
sometimes that isn't the end . then you'll have to go to control panel,
sound speech and audio devices,
click advanced audio controls on the left,
then turn the volume up manually under volume control
then your done!
If it helps, I have Vista. I'm having the same problem except the audio STILL isn't working. When I go to control panel, I don't have "sound speech and audio devices"...the closest thing I have to that is "hardware and sound". I don't think I'm in the right place though because I don't see"advanced audio controls" on the left either. Please help me>
my to, the sound not work
please help me
you again reinstall the sound wizard.
hi!!

thanks a lot ya.... now my sound system works perfectly.....
thanks alooootttt......
jmp59 Posts 29296 Registration date Tuesday June 8, 2004 Status Contributor Last seen November 25, 2015 257 > shif
Feb 18, 2009 at 05:45 AM
Try System Restore to the last point before u lost ur sound.

XP http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/setup/support/sysrestore.mspx
Vista https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/
how to reinstall my sound wizard ??
Virender Singh > wilo
Dec 21, 2009 at 05:39 AM
Hi. Expert

My Computer sound suddnly stoped.before two days. I connect the speaker when computer was working.after
connect the speaker the sound stoped. I have reinstalled the sound drivers.

Pls. help me before one weak I formated the pc

Regards.

Virender Singh
NabilahReezal
Nov 23, 2012 at 09:17 AM
Go to control panel. click on the search box and type " Playin " There will be a "trouble shooting" for audio so double click the box.
I sometimes lose the sound on my computer. Before doing anything else, go to My Computer then Control Panel then Sound and Audio Devices. I sometimes find that the sound is turned to mute. I am the only one using this computer, so this must happen when I go to certain sites.

Hope this helps someone.
you again reinstall the sound wizard.

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
jmp59 Posts 29296 Registration date Tuesday June 8, 2004 Status Contributor Last seen November 25, 2015 257
Nov 22, 2008 at 02:19 AM
Hi,

First try to restore ur system on the point just before u lost ur sound :
Start/All the programs/Accessories/System Tools/System Restore.

If that doesn't match, u'll have to re-install ur sound card.
Tell the brand and the model of ur computer (or of ur MB if ur computer is a no-brand one) and I probably will be able to give u a linK for free downloading the driver u need.
i have no website sound on internet explorer or firefox. I also do not see the volume icon anymore but my windows media player still works when I play cds. please help. I have tried the missing.reg idea. thanks in advance
jmp59 Posts 29296 Registration date Tuesday June 8, 2004 Status Contributor Last seen November 25, 2015 257
Jan 26, 2009 at 01:45 AM
Hello,

First try System Restore to the last point before u lost the sound.
XP : http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/setup/support/sysrestore.mspx
Vista : https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/

If it doesn't match, come back and tell the brand and the model of ur computer. Or of ur MoBo if ur computer is no-branded.
Yo! sup..well,
I liked your idea..lol
It was okay, becuse you put up the links and, I
tried using it..well, thanks anyway...
Feb 10, 2009 at 01:33 PM
???
http://support.euro.dell.com/support/downloads/driverslist.aspx?c=uk&cs=ukdhs1&l=en&s=dhs&ServiceTag=&SystemID=PLX_PNT_320&os=WW1&osl=en&catid=&impid= ???
Thank you so much for your immediate response to this matter. I followed the instuctions you e-mailed me and mission was accomplished! Thanx again and I will definetly reccomend this site to others !!! " Mummy "
tnanks for ever
HII guys,
for all the people who's sound doesn't work well I was just stuck in that situation and I went on to control panel and then on to sound and I saw three speakers with different discriptions to each of them and I tested the one the green tick was on and the speakers didn't work on it so I tried another speaker from the 3 and tested them and they worked perfectly fine so I set that one as default and now its working FINEE !! so simple.
Email me if this didn't make sense LOL.
Email Id removed for security
dear sir,my computer sound doesn't work and I can't restore the sound.when I try to open it's say my sistem sound is off.i don't know how to open.pls help me.
Hi,
My sound didn't work after I cleaned (deleted stuff from) my computer. I must have accidently deleted my sound (audio) device card. I tried for days to get it back (for free). Finally, I typed in "free dell xps 200 audio device driver download" and it took me to a dell site. Under "Drivers and downloads" I typed the kind of computer I have, my service tag number, and then under drivers, I clicked "audio". Then I clicked "download" and "save to my documents". IT WORKED! I'm so happy to have sound again. It took about 20 minutes to download, but I now have sound. If you don't have a dell, try to type in what I did, but with your computer in place of "dell xps 200".
omg, I LOVE YOU MAN <3
thank you soo much~