Gateway FX gaming laptop

Closed
newton22bee Posts 1 Registration date Monday June 7, 2010 Status Member Last seen June 7, 2010 - Jun 7, 2010 at 06:14 PM
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 - Jun 7, 2010 at 10:12 PM
Hello, i have a gateway fx gaming laptopwhen i first bought it did great had it for a year now. i paly world of warcraft alot but for some reason ill be playing and the screen shuts down. it only happens when im playing games the internet explorer does great watching movies great never shut down once. but when i play game boom itll go black after 10 min. i talked to a gateway tech guy all he told me was to pay money and he can help me *cough i told him ill just keep the gaming laptop that cant play games they got enough of my money already. if anyone that knows what is going on please respond its very irritating. i was told to use a fan it helps out alot but it stills shuts down every now and then i dont mean a (cooling fan) i mean a big fan. needless to say its not great playing games. please help me

Related:

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,827
Jun 7, 2010 at 10:12 PM
Heat is the primary problem with laptops with gaming video chips. I suggest you check the manufacturers web site for BIOS updates that might fix the problem.

But, be very careful if you do an update. Always start with a charged battery, run the laptop on the power adapter, make sure the power cord can't be tripped over and pulled out. Be sure you know the EXACT procedure and you have the CORRECT BIOS update. Any BIOS update problem can result in a dead computer that needs to be serviced by the manufacturer.

Good Luck